Investing: Sasol

bromster

Executive Member
Be careful for a sharp downturn in the overvalued American equity market to affect JSE prices in the coming months.

Tun@

Expert Member
moving again
Finally busted that 207 high/resistance anyway

Last edited:

AirWolf

Honorary Master
They've being investigated for the sulphur leak as well.

All things considered, up or down this week?

Tun@

Expert Member
Boom

Rights issue

A decision was made not to pursue a rights issue given the current macroeconomic outlook, and

the significant progress made on our response plan initiatives. The balance sheet deleveraging

pathway will continue to be prioritised to ensure that we operate within our financial covenants

and maintain adequate liquidity headroom, whilst delivering the Sasol 2.0 transformation

programme.

Tun@

Expert Member
They've being investigated for the sulphur leak as well.

All things considered, up or down this week?

There was an update to that here

Boom

Rights issue

A decision was made not to pursue a rights issue given the current macroeconomic outlook, and

the significant progress made on our response plan initiatives. The balance sheet deleveraging

pathway will continue to be prioritised to ensure that we operate within our financial covenants

and maintain adequate liquidity headroom, whilst delivering the Sasol 2.0 transformation

programme.

Shareholders also loving it :cool:. Bursts through the R210 mark easily.

Tun@

Expert Member
R212 high and down to R200.

Anything with good news has just been behaving like kak lately......the instos just sell it down till they collect enough & only then does it seem to lift some.....I see why companies walk from this exchange.
SSW earnings news over on the US market it would have flown, here it had to fight to manage 3% up

SOL will move up...one is just going to have to wait till the big boys decide when

Last edited:

Tun@

Expert Member
Sold my sol - don't like the way its behaving with that rights offer being canceled.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Sold my sol - don't like the way its behaving with that rights offer being canceled.
Cancellation of the rights offer should be good news, maybe this is a case of buying on the rumour and selling on the news.

Tun@

Expert Member
Cancellation of the rights offer should be good news, maybe this is a case of buying on the rumour and selling on the news.

Yeah the argument will be it was priced in......anyway it's by resistance it needs to climb over & i don't see it having the strength to do that the way its behaving so i booked out......maybe jump back in later if it gets over it.
I thought that rights offer news should have knocked us thru that resistance level