Investors are worried the iPhone is on its way down

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Investors are worried the iPhone is on its way down

Apple Inc. shares tumbled Friday amid concerns that growth in its powerhouse product, the iPhone, is slowing.

In its fiscal fourth quarter, Apple said iPhone unit sales barely grew from a year earlier, even though new flagship devices came out in the period. At the same time, Apple said it would stop providing unit sales for iPhones, iPads, and Macs in fiscal 2019, a step toward becoming more of a services business. While some pundits praised the move as a way to highlight a potent new business model, many analysts complained it was an attempt to hide the pain of a stagnant smartphone market.

marine1

Honorary Master
Well considering how they slow their older devices down and the way they charge a fortune for every little thing you need....and their lack of innovation, its no wonder

Frequent visitor

Expert Member
Well considering how they slow their older devices down and the way they charge a fortune for every little thing you need....and their lack of innovation, its no wonder
They are expensive rubbish. I have one and don't use it. Too inconvenient. Not enough battery life. Touch screens are a pain in use. I 'phones are just a fashion item for Twitters and Face bookers.

Visser

Expert Member
Investors need to be concerned. These companies are releasing new and more expensive devices every year due to their greed. Investors were warned that this trend would collapse both the company and share price at some point in time. Seems the time has come.

These companies should only release a single device in each range every 10 years. This will give them more than enough time to build and perfect the new device and release a monster without issues. This will also allow consumers to buy and pay off their devices more easily before a new one becomes available. Very few consumers have the ability to buy a R30k phone and pay it off in less than a year before the new one is released. This was bound to cause a bottleneck where the company would suffer at some point in time.

Over and above that, we would only have seen 5-10 flagship devices for every company in our lifetime, instead of 50-100+ of them.

sajunky

Honorary Master
I predicted it one year ago.

No problem. It is going to be a new iPhone SE.

shaune01

Mmmmm let me think quickly... Pay R30k for a phone or maybe buy a car?? Priorities priorities.. Its disgusting to have to pay R30k for a bloody phone. I cant understand why phone prices have jumped so much. Jis I can almost buy a acer predator and game my ass off for the next 5 years and have ample fun. Apple needs to get with times they declare them as the Elite of phones but fall short in every other way. I won't support ios as its just kak and not user friendly. Everything costs something no support for 3rd party apps and just not worth the price tag

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Mmmmm let me think quickly... Pay R30k for a phone or maybe buy a car?? Priorities priorities.. Its disgusting to have to pay R30k for a bloody phone. I cant understand why phone prices have jumped so much. Jis I can almost buy a acer predator and game my ass off for the next 5 years and have ample fun. Apple needs to get with times they declare them as the Elite of phones but fall short in every other way. I won't support ios as its just kak and not user friendly. Everything costs something no support for 3rd party apps and just not worth the price tag
Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Buying the phone is completely voluntary.

No idea how it gets to disgusting...

Also a whole lot of kak in the rest of your post...no support for third party apps. Probably the best support for third party apps out there.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Buying the phone is completely voluntary.

No idea how it gets to disgusting...

Also a whole lot of kak in the rest of your post...no support for third party apps. Probably the best support for third party apps out there.
Why is this comment? Now is digusting...