iOS 8.1 Jailbreak Released!

sand_man

Honorary Master
Homescreendesigner has also been updated. Although the official version is saying not yet compatible.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
I open the app and I get "please make sure you download pangu8 and have internet access". :( No help on the interwebs

Slamz

Here's a silly question - my ipad still has ios 5. something and is jailbroken, i want to update to the latest ios and jailbreak, will i lose all the apps I've downloaded from cydia/hipstore/appcake?

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I open the app and I get "please make sure you download pangu8 and have internet access". :( No help on the interwebs

What version you running? 1.1.0? You running this at home or a corporate network (funky firewalls etc.)?

ahoudet

Expert Member
With the newer recent iOS functionalities, I find no need to jailbreak anymore.

+1. Moved off iOS 6 jailbroken onto iOS 7. I kept the phone like that for a month or so before selling. I've since had 3 more iPhones and never jailbroke any of them :)

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
+1. Moved off iOS 6 jailbroken onto iOS 7. I kept the phone like that for a month or so before selling. I've since had 3 more iPhones and never jailbroke any of them :)

I jailbroke my last phone, some features where nice, Like delete ALL messages at once, customize your icons (but i like the default), putting backgrounds in folders and you could enable and disable some graphic features which was quite nice.
There was also a tweek for the "Lightning cable not supported" and some apps like the memory/cache cleaner that needed "Root access"
i agree jailbreak is not really necessary unless you want to play around.

sand_man

Honorary Master
8.1.1 beta is out, hope a jailbreak patch isn't part of the change list!!

Pangu were way to eager with this jailbreak...