iOS getting Bluetooth file sharing feature

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
About time too.

Highly irritating not being able to share files between Bluetooth devices.

grim

Expert Member
About time too.

Highly irritating not being able to share files between Bluetooth devices.

I picked up a Nokia N8, for the camera as I despise carrying multiple devices around while out partying, at last year's Vmware conference. Used it at the party after the conference to film some 720p videos. Sent a 300+MB file to a friend's HTC something via Bluetooth. No problems.

Apple users want it, no sorry you gonna need a laptop and iTunes to get it onto your phone. Lol lol lol...

Watch how it will only be able to send certain files only and only to other iOS devices, they'll probably even charge you for the app to use it.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I constantly share files over bluetooth. Glad to see that Apple is playing catch up here. It would make transferring media to my ipad so much easier!

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I constantly share files over bluetooth. Glad to see that Apple is playing catch up here. It would make transferring media to my ipad so much easier!
I guess because I have wifi I've never had the need to use another method so I suppose people will find it useful.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I guess because I have wifi I've never had the need to use another method so I suppose people will find it useful.

Thats the hard way of doing it. Well at least as I know it. You have to browse for the file over network shares then copy it (well at least thats how I would do it with wifi). With android I find the file I want. Click on the menu option. Choose the bluetooth option to send... and it sends it right away. My wife is constantly moving pictures between devices with this method. Its a very quick and easy way to move data between phones. Also does not require a wifi network.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
Looking forwards to this, it'll use Bluetooth 4.0 for lower power consumption and much higher transfer speeds.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Thats the hard way of doing it. Well at least as I know it. You have to browse for the file over network shares then copy it (well at least thats how I would do it with wifi). With android I find the file I want. Click on the menu option. Choose the bluetooth option to send... and it sends it right away. My wife is constantly moving pictures between devices with this method. Its a very quick and easy way to move data between phones. Also does not require a wifi network.
I just send it using AirDiskPro or Good Reader. Very easy actually.

TJ99

Honorary Master
I'm sorry, WHAT!?!? How have I not heard people whining about this before?

Excuse me, I've been [-]whining[/-]laughing about it a lot. I laugh even harder every time the fanbois say "it's because no-one needs it ololololololol"

Just like how their excuse was that no-one needed apps, multi-tasking, SMS forwarding, or copy and paste. Who needs that stuff on a smartphone? Everyone knows a smartphone isn't about being able to do stuff and making communication easier, it's about INNOVASHUNZ and design languages and experiences and stuff.

Still, I suppose it's a good thing that they're finally waking up.

Nuro

Expert Member
I haven't used Bluetooth file transfer in years. (Not an iphone user)