iPad 3 coming sooner?

BeVonk!

Executive Member
The competitors must be discolouring their OMO-white pants. Retina display will be worth the wait.

Anony-mousse

Expert Member
Yeah, finally a new iPad?!?

Whatever, if it's true I'll get it anyway despite moaning

Rishalin

Where is the iPhone 5 - I am due for an upgrade.. and waiting patiently

zaozzie

No specs yet. Here is hoping cheaper and thinner not bloated and expensive.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Rishalin,iPhone 5 will not be here soon, and when it eventually lands it will again be months before enough stock is available. Rather get something else now?

Last edited:

Reddevil10

No, a ipad 3 will not launch in december, most likely end of fiscal year which is march next year. iOS 5 is a new big selling point for current ipads for the holiday season.

Iphone 5, which will most likely be minimal upgrade(A5 processer and better camera is dead certain) will come out end of the year(if at all) because of the launch of iphone 4 on verizon in the US not long ago.

Redsbaron

I have an option to buy a second hand Ipad1 32gb 3g at about half price.

Would you rather get a ipad2 at say R6k or ipad1 at R3k?

fxit_man

Executive Member

What does that have to do with iPad 3? :D

I guess your question depends on whether you want to upgrade to the iPad 3 next year when it comes out, or what your uses are for the iPad you wish to buy.

clasqm

Depends if you need the camera. iPad 1 don't have none. I'd say get the 1 and put the difference is a savings account towards the day the 3 comes out. When that happens, pass the 1 on to your kid or a favourite nephew. You'll have had 6 months of good use out of it and you will instantly become the kid's favourite uncle.

Redsbaron

Depends if you need the camera. iPad 1 don't have none. I'd say get the 1 and put the difference is a savings account towards the day the 3 comes out. When that happens, pass the 1 on to your kid or a favourite nephew. You'll have had 6 months of good use out of it and you will instantly become the kid's favourite uncle.

Thanks, sort of thought so. Is the ipad3 going to be special? I mean, much grander than 1. Having a camera or a flash does not really make it smart, since it can be done with an iphone which is much more mobile. Ipad is purely for reading stuff and maybe responding to (such stuff), imo.

fxit_man

Executive Member
Thanks, sort of thought so. Is the ipad3 going to be special? I mean, much grander than 1. Having a camera or a flash does not really make it smart, since it can be done with an iphone which is much more mobile. Ipad is purely for reading stuff and maybe responding to (such stuff), imo.

Ask Siri... :D

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I'm looking at upgrading to the iPad 2, probably in the new year. There's no telling for sure when the v3 will come out and for what I use it for I could really do with a boost. if you're just going to use it to read, surf, and send email then the v.1 is more than up to the task.

clasqm

Nobody knows, and after last week, I'd advise anybody to ignore the crazy rumours that will be be building up between now and January. It might be a 2S (faster, better connectivity, more memory) or it might be something that will redefine the category once again. Or they may pull an iPod Touch and make it available in pink or something. Nobody knows.