iPad deals in South Africa compared (June 2012)

D3x

Expert Member
Haven't the FNB account fees increased from this month?

Edit: R97 for Gold & R120 for Plat

Ecco

Executive Member
Hard to compare these deals - some include the cost of data, some don't include the monthly banking charges, some are for 2gb, some for 1gb, there is no mention of the number of months the contracts are for either.

Jan

Drifting in the black

Thanks for the heads-up. Wrote this piece last week, so I missed the account fee increase.

basketcase

Still a bargain, as you are going to have to pay for a bank account somewhere, and you are going to struggle to find better value for money - for example, I am a Plat customer and earn more than R120 in eBucks every month, so basically getting an iPad at cost and no banking fees!

D3x

Expert Member
Yeah, I agree. The R120 I pay monthly is well worth the service & eBucks I get too.

FNB FTW!!!

droidx

Expert Member
What is the point of data contracts on wifi only tabs?
You'd then need to get another device to tether your data, or am I missing something?

duderoo

Expert Member
Yeah, I agree. The R120 I pay monthly is well worth the service & eBucks I get too.

FNB FTW!!!
Hi, can you elaborate how you earn the ebucks which I assume means you are banking for free?

D3x

Expert Member
What is the point of data contracts on wifi only tabs?
You'd then need to get another device to tether your data, or am I missing something?
If you have ADSL at home with a wireless router you will have internet. If you got small kids & they want to stuff around or learn how to use it its perfect for that. If you want to be mobile with it then I suggest 3G option or you can set your smartphone as a hotspot.

Hi, can you elaborate how you earn the ebucks which I assume means you are banking for free?
In short, I just spend & do not draw cash at all. Make sure you are using a cheque card & not a debit card first of all as the earn is higher.

I use my cheque card for everything from petrol, groceries right up to weekly bread & milk purchases. I buy my sons nappies & baby milk from places like Dischem & swipe my eBucks card to earn almost double the eBucks. You can even get your OTC medicine from Dischem & earn eBucks on that too. Considering the amount of eBucks I get / month you could say that I bank for "free" yes.

duderoo

Expert Member
In short, I just spend & do not draw cash at all. Make sure you are using a cheque card & not a debit card first of all as the earn is higher.

I use my cheque card for everything from petrol, groceries right up to weekly bread & milk purchases. I buy my sons nappies & baby milk from places like Dischem & swipe my eBucks card to earn almost double the eBucks. You can even get your OTC medicine from Dischem & earn eBucks on that too. Considering the amount of eBucks I get / month you could say that I bank for "free" yes.
Thanks. How does the fuel back work and from what I can see you do not get the full 15% back from day 1?

D3x

Expert Member
Thanks. How does the fuel back work and from what I can see you do not get the full 15% back from day 1?
I am not registered for that fuel back rewards so I am not sure how it works. You do earn eBucks for normal fuel purchases (swiping).