iPad Mini Sim

KevRSA

Expert Member
Can you buy a vodacom mini sim for a iPad on prepaid? How much are the sims because I do not want a contract. And do you buy data bundles off *111#
fir the iPad thanks for all the help

ebendl

Expert Member
Take a normal SIM and cut it smaller! Google it - there's tons of videos on the subject. If you're scared to do it, get an old one (most people I know have one laying around) and practice first, or buy two. Did it with mine and it works fine.

In terms of reloading data-bundles - make sure you register on Vodacom's website before you cut it smaller. Then you should be able to reload from the site, rather than *111#. I actually buy databundles for mine directly from FNB (although I have the Broadband Starterpack which gives you 100MB per month for 12 months).

Dave

Honorary Master
Do a google search (something like "microsim template"), it is very easy to cut a normal sim down. I've done about 6 now with no problem.

You can also buy a microsim adapter on eBay for using the microsim in a normal phone if you ever need to.

KevRSA

Expert Member
Okay so I cut a practise sim and it worked :D but I do have a question I see you can buy bundles off vodacoms site but how would you load airtime on to the mini sim first?

BrokenRSA

Expert Member
I do it via internet banking on ABSA, I can top up that way. I'm sure other banks have similar options.

BrokenRSA

Expert Member
I'm sure there must be, alternatively you could ask someone that does have internet banking to buy airtime for you, and just pay them back.

Pearson6

Well u can also load airtime via an atm or cellphone banking like drawing cash or making a payment it is always listed under prepaid services....

KevRSA

Expert Member
Thanks everyone cut my sim and loaded a 600MB bundle working better than Anything!!! Thanks :D