iPad Pro pre-order prices for South Africa

Thor

Honorary Master
This will probably be aimed at designers and editors

I think Apple will still play around with the formula to classify this things "ideal" target market, but my personal opinion, I don't think they are going after sales with this like the iPhone, I think they are exploring a new generation.

The Mobile power user, aimed at on the fly design and editing.

That's what I think. Might be wrong of course

Space_Chief

Honorary Master

I think Apple will still play around with the formula to classify this things "ideal" target market, but my personal opinion, I don't think they are going after sales with this like the iPhone, I think they are exploring a new generation.

The Mobile power user, aimed at on the fly design and editing.

That's what I think. Might be wrong of course

What sort of apps can you run on the iPad Pro? iOS stuff?

When you can run Windows based professional applications on this:
http://shop.panasonic.com/home-and-...s/tablets/UT-MB5025.html#start=1&cgid=tablets

And the build quality and reliability of this thing is unmatched. Panasonic makes the best build quality machines out of everyone.

Last edited:

Knyro

PhD in Everything

+1

Have you guys ever seen graphic designers, 2d/3d digital artists, comic book artists, game designers etc. in action? A lot of them use tablets (especially Wacom tablets). I think Apple is taking a crack at that market, also people who just want a huge tablet would want this as well.

A lot of these designers already use apple hardware so that's also a plus if they take advantage of the synergy between Apple products.

Last edited:

Knyro

PhD in Everything
[/ATTACH]
Bahaha just icons with huge gaps in between...

That's what people said about the original ipad. "LOL just a big iPod with spaces between the icons."

Just wait until software that really takes advantage of this thing comes out.

Last edited:

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
That's what people said about the original Ipad. "LOL just a big iPod with spaces between the icons."

Just wait until software that really takes advantage of this thing comes out.

But to do any serious work you fire up a PC/Mac. For example Premiere or AutoCAD or InDesign etc.

iPad is nice for messing around and basic applications like Facebook, Skype, basic browsing, etc.

And games! No idolm@ster Shiny Festa on PC/Mac. :(

Cassady

Expert Member
Apple are making some very odd decisions lately...

Also who the hell thought that plugging a long delicate stylus into the charging port of an iPad was a good idea?

Apparently comes with a f2f adapter, that allows charging with cable.

Dudlu

Expert Member
+1

Have you guys ever seen graphic designers, 2d/3d digital artists, comic book artists, game designers etc. in action? A lot of them use tablets (especially Wacom tablets). I think Apple is taking a crack at that market, also people who just want a huge tablet would want this as well.

A lot of these designers already use apple hardware so that's also a plus if they take advantage of the synergy between Apple products.

This doesn't come close to a Wacom tablet. If you're a serious digital artist, you're better off with something else.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
This doesn't come close to a Wacom tablet. If you're a serious digital artist, you're better off with something else.

Chalk it up to the Apple factor. Lots of products are objectively better than Apple's but they sell like hotcakes anyway, even in industry.

Last edited:

whatwhat

Executive Member
Used these as I was in the USA during the launch, they are massive.

The Pencil is great and great for digital drawing. Apps are limited at the moment, even the stock apps - for example iBooks doesnt support the pen so you cant annotate what you are reading.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Have you read the pre order reviews? basically the stylus comes with a male to female lighting port adaptor for charging via the lightening cable to a USB source. The top cap male lightening port is that if you in a bind u can quickly plug it into the iPad Pro and recharge the stylus for immediate use, check the charge time vs usage time and u see this makes a lot of sense.. I agree with the whole its precarious but.. it has its use cases for which it makes a lot of sense and allows u to recharge the stylus without any cables on the fly.. i remember something 15 seconds charge = 30 minutes use

I follow all new device releases. Watched a bunch of reviews already.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master

The [-]Pencil[/-] stylus is great and great for digital drawing. Apps are limited at the moment, even the stock apps - for example iBooks doesnt support the [-]pen[/-] stylus so you cant annotate what you are reading.

FTFY :)

Cassady

Expert Member
Based on what?

Would also like to know? Seems the animators/artists that have been using the Pencil are very impressed. If/when the software is adjusted to really get the most out of it, can surely give Wacom et al a serious run for their money...

Mortymoose

Honorary Master

The Pencil is great and great for digital drawing. Apps are limited at the moment, even the stock apps - for example iBooks doesnt support the pen so you cant annotate what you are reading.

I enjoy drawing the odd cartoon but have always used a fine liner.....

Always wanted to draw on my ipad, but the pens have this crappy rubber thing at the end, like to draw fine..... never could get into digital drawing.....

semaphore

Honorary Master
Gee! You just made me more depressed, just seeing how much bigger that screen is sitting next to the normal Ipad.....me wanteeeeee! :eek:

As for the speed test , who reads 20 open tabs at a time?

My SO has maxed out the amount of tabs in safari on hers. Tons of research articles.

Cassady

Expert Member
But she is also wearing an Apple Watch with a Hermes strap, so a $1200 product. That would suggest a strong Apple bias in the first place.

No doubt.

But surely it's either better, or it's not? How does one fudge that? Plenty of artists/designers now starting to sing its praises. Several saying it almost feels like pen(cil) on paper.

Beginning to think the Pencil is the real design 'leap'. The iPad Pro is essentially just a big iPad - that could see certain benefits given its size (and equal drawbacks). But in the absence of an iOS tweak/fork that specifically caters for the iPad Pro, the Pencil (in conjunction with the iPad) becomes the major differentiator. Think the significance of the Pencil might only be appreciated in the next few years.