iPad self-service portal app for 8ta launched

Rahl

Only problem being that you can only use it if the SIM is in your iPad. So if you have more than one SIM or its not in your iPad you cant use this app in any way. Not even to buy additional airtime or check its balance.

TimTDP

Expert Member
Good idea.

The app lets users see their airtime and data bundle balances
Wonder if this will be real time? I remember service providers saying the real time statistics was impossible

Freaksta

Expert Member
This is cool, about time! I hope this is independent of the iPad bundles because here is PE we dont have and istore and therefor cant register as an ipad user!

entrepr

Expert Member
Only problem being that you can only use it if the SIM is in your iPad. So if you have more than one SIM or its not in your iPad you cant use this app in any way. Not even to buy additional airtime or check its balance.

The app is a great idea, but not if it's limited in such a profound way. I use wifi and haven't resorted to chopping my sim into pieces quite yet.

Madhawk

Honorary Master
This is an excellent idea, are you listening Cell C? I also want!

brixton tower

Expert Member
Brilliant. Just downloaded and it's simple and easy to use. No need to log-in, it had my details off the bat and showed me all my balances.

Ecco

Executive Member
About damn time. Well done 8ta. Cant believe it has taken this long for one of our service providers to get an app out there to give you the basis stuff like your balance etc.

zamicro

Expert Member

If this is the case, then I do not even need to bother looking at the app, as I do not use my 8ta sim in my ipad.

Centronix

Expert Member
If this is the case, then I do not even need to bother looking at the app, as I do not use my 8ta sim in my ipad.

I'm on the same boat. My sim is on my 3G/wifi router and I have to remove it from there and insert it in the iPad to be able to do anything. I hope they fix this

MongooseMan

Expert Member
I'm on the same boat. My sim is on my 3G/wifi router and I have to remove it from there and insert it in the iPad to be able to do anything. I hope they fix this

Why don't you just use onnet.8ta.com is your sim is in something other than an iPad?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Nice looking app but it's a bit of a schlep having to disable wifi before being able to use it. Could they not just add a username password field as well?

MongooseMan

Expert Member
that I can do. But we were discussing the app and one just can't use it unless the sim is in the ipad.

OK, fair enough. I thought you were pulling a sim out of your router and putting it into your iPad, just so you could have the pleasure of using the app :D