iPad2 + CellC 2Gb/mth = no brainer?

macboer

If you buy an iPad2, why wouldn't you get CellC's 2Gb/month aka 24Gb Data package?

I have the 5gb/mth one and am very happy with it. Very tempted to get 16Gb 3g iPad2 + 2gb/mth.

What's your thoughts?

BobJones

Expert Member
16gb is a bit small for me, but we'd all appreciate a review on how well the iPad works on cell-c.
Anyone know if the 3G radios will support faster than 7.2Mbs?

lariato

2GB sounds decent hey. Obviously this will be used for email, moderate browsing and videos now and again? Should suffice if you're gonna be using Wi-Fi at home :)

Peder

Hobbit
16gb is a bit small for me, but we'd all appreciate a review on how well the iPad works on cell-c.
Anyone know if the 3G radios will support faster than 7.2Mbs?

sorry to go OT but why is the 16GB too small?

afaik the Ipad can't use the 900Mhz band that cellc 3G needs which is why many don't use cellc with the Ipad

BobJones

Expert Member
sorry to go OT but why is the 16GB too small?

Because I've got 15.8gb of music and having to manage what content I sync is a pain.
Ever wanted to listen to a particular song and found that it's not been synced?
Same goes for podcasts, photos etc.

StellenboschStudent

Expert Member
I am getting my iPad2 next week sometime... so ja, must get some sort of data bundle and I guess the cell c is the best option... don't know if I must go for 2gb of 5gb... I do have wifi at home, so will only use it on 3g during the day, and then I have access to a pc to do surfing and stuff.
So ja, guess 2gb should be enough.

randomwalsh

Expert Member
I am getting my iPad2 next week sometime... so ja, must get some sort of data bundle and I guess the cell c is the best option... don't know if I must go for 2gb of 5gb... I do have wifi at home, so will only use it on 3g during the day, and then I have access to a pc to do surfing and stuff.

how much you getting it for?

seanyp00h

Expert Member
I have a friend in America at the moment, maybe i should ask her to bring back one for me. I could make some profit :)

Urganny

Are we sure that the ipad2 arent netwot locked to either AT&T or Verizon?

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
Thats all im worried about

I am pretty sure the iPad 2 isn't network locked at all, I am almost 100% certain this is the case. A Google should tell or give it a day or so for peoplel to get the device and then know for sure. Just get the correct one ie the AT&T one and not the Verizon model.

macboer

I am pretty sure the iPad 2 isn't network locked at all, I am almost 100% certain this is the case. A Google should tell or give it a day or so for peoplel to get the device and then know for sure. Just get the correct one ie the AT&T one and not the Verizon model.

They aren't. That's why people in US like it so much. It's not locked. You buy it at price without contract, etc.

robhob

Has anyone tried the Telkom iPad offers? They aren't selling the hardware, just three contracts and there's quite cheap. They use the MTN network so the connection should be good.