iPhone 12 Pro shortage, Telkom mobile waiting list.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Widely reported iPhone shortage is impacting me as it's upgrade time.

I had a very weird call from Telkom upgrades where they tried to trash talk the iPhone and hard sell me on literally anything else. Anyone else experienced this? It was very unprofessional, anyway, not the point of this post.

One of the threats from the upgrade agent was that I would have to go onto a waiting list for the iPhone and who knows when they will get them if ever and I can only do that in-store which is dangerous because Covid (I'm not joking - this guy was mighty upset about my not wanting a Galaxy note something) so I just want to check if anyone knows:
  1. Is this true about the wait list?
  2. Can one get onto such a list online?
...any info will be greatly appreciated.

Louis72

Expert Member
Widely reported iPhone shortage is impacting me as it's upgrade time.

I had a very weird call from Telkom upgrades where they tried to trash talk the iPhone and hard sell me on literally anything else. Anyone else experienced this? It was very unprofessional, anyway, not the point of this post.

One of the threats from the upgrade agent was that I would have to go onto a waiting list for the iPhone and who knows when they will get them if ever and I can only do that in-store which is dangerous because Covid (I'm not joking - this guy was mighty upset about my not wanting a Galaxy note something) so I just want to check if anyone knows:
  1. Is this true about the wait list?
  2. Can one get onto such a list online?
...any info will be greatly appreciated.
Just go to an iStore and get a Telkom contract or upgrade. They will know the stock situation. Better yet check the iStore and Digicape website what models are available immediately for purchase.

Edit: looks like only one model shows Backorder and it's a 12 Pro Max 512GB on iStore.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Just go to an iStore and get a Telkom contract or upgrade. They will know the stock situation. Better yet check the iStore and Digicape website what models are available immediately for purchase.

Edit: looks like only one model shows Backorder and it's a 12 Pro Max 512GB on iStore.
Man, I had no idea it works through iStore - owe you a beer, many thanks.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
@Louis72 FYI: iStore has stock in various colours, going to grab one this evening :)

They do charge a R250 admin fee but OK.

I guess this is what Telkom was desperately trying to avoid by getting my to take a Galaxy note?

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I hope there is stock, I dropped my X a few days ago and wrecked the screen.
Been putting off the upgrade for a few months but looks like its time now.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Might as well wait for the 13, no?
Naah. This one has a nice design and will be good for the next 24 months, for me. YMMV.

I hope there is stock, I dropped my X a few days ago and wrecked the screen.
Been putting off the upgrade for a few months but looks like its time now.
There is, @Louis72 I have in my hands a new shiny thanks to you! Really appreciate it, thanks again.

Super painless though iStore btw. In and out in 20 min - just long enough to be able to choose between graphite and Atlantic blue :p

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Yeah that’s true. There is always the next thing round the corner
Ag, I used to want to maximise and future proof, etc. but they change so little these days. Main drawcard for me is the flat screen and the evolution of the iPhone 4 design which was always my favourite.

The 13 might go a little less square again and I'd be bummed over that detail tbh.

#firstworldproblems