iPhone 13 discussions

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Gave the 13 Pro Max a go at iStore, my goodness I cannot believe how huge the camera cluster is compared to 11 Pro Max, lol, it takes up pretty much most the top space on that 13PM at the back, some serious hardware.

Regarding memory, would definitely stick to minimum 256GB, did 256GB with my 11 Pro Max and basically switch between 4K@30fps and 60fps on video settings. If you’re planning on shooting ProRes may as well go fullsend and get 1TB enjoy those 13 Pro beasts.

Brother Dusk

Are Vodacom iphone 13s network locked? I'd like to use my mtn data sim on it. I haven't opened the device and I'm still within the return period

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Are Vodacom iphone 13s network locked? I'd like to use my mtn data sim on it. I haven't opened the device and I'm still within the return period

There’s no return period, not unless it’s faulty, at which point they’ll just replace it with a new one.

However, they should not be locked, also, why would you open a new device, that’s just silly.

Brother Dusk

There’s no return period, not unless it’s faulty, at which point they’ll just replace it with a new one.

However, they should not be locked, also, why would you open a new device, that’s just silly.
Lol I mean it's still sealed in the box. I'd asked them to cancel the order but they didn't..Now collection is a hassle

genetic

Honorary Master
That's I know. But I saw few people complaining about it. Found this

Interesting...

South Africa's three largest mobile network providers, Vodacom, MTN, and Cell C, have all started to release network-locked phones – for the first time in nearly a decade.

Network-locked devices are tied to one operator, so that a networked-lock phone from MTN will not work with a Vodacom SIM card, and vice versa.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Nothing to do with this but info that may help someone in the future.

I unlocked a U.K. iPhone 11 last week, it has become very easy compared to previous times. You can apply for it after your contract is up (was daughters 1 year contract) or apparently it happens automatically on iPhones after 18 months anyway? This was on EE.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
The networks agreed not to do it in order to avoid legislation prohibiting it.

There are the odd phones that are locked, but those are generally the heavily subsidized cheapies or the network own brand one like those Vodafone Kickas, actually not even sure those are locked but I’d not be surprised if they were.

I only personally know of one that was locked and that was some cheapie from FNB connect like 2 or 3 years ago.

Dave

Honorary Master
The networks agreed not to do it in order to avoid legislation prohibiting it.

That kind of self regulation always seems to fade away when they think the regulators have forgotten.

It'll take a period of the networks taking advantage of locking handsets and making it difficult to unlock before it does the full circle and ends up with legislation to put a stop to it (as has just happened in the UK).

The Voice

Honorary Master
Phone has arrived. Can't wait to get stuck in. Just one problem, though: WhatsApp chat history. Still nothing official from Meta regarding it for some reason (probably the bad blood between them and Apple has something to do with it).

I'm also not going to use any 3rd party software to do it, because I'm not keen on volunatarily uploading all my private conversations to some dodgy Chinese company.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to run 3 phones for a while. :(

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I'm also not going to use any 3rd party software to do it, because I'm not keen on volunatarily uploading all my private conversations to some dodgy Chinese company.
:(

But your happy to upload it to a dodgy American company with a track record of privacy invasion and an inability to protect all that data

#confused