iPhone 13 prices for South Africa announced

Mister 45

Executive Member
Comprehension fail. The Samsung A32 has a POS MediaTek SoC, where the 13 Mini has the Same A15 Bionic chipset (worlds fastest).

The 13 Mini is still a high-end device, where as the A32 Iow to mid-end device.
Yes, you are right.

Mister 45

Executive Member
What a special sausage, using pricing for a device which is on special. I used the manufacturer's pricing from their websites.
Aren't takealot specials non-events, false and manufactured where the normal price is ridiculously inflated and the special price is actually the market price?

#askingforafriend

Brawler

Honorary Master
Anyone without a Samsung Fold 3 or iPhone 13 pro is peasant status according to floss

Brawler

Honorary Master
48 month contracts, anyone?
Eish probably coming.

Don't get me wrong, I am mostly against all of the contract plans (there are exceptions like if you need a new phone + will be spending the money on airtime + data anyway) but I have come to realize there might be a case for 36m contracts. My last two phones have both lasted >3 years and the technological improvements are so minor these days you don't need to upgrade every 2 years unless you are one of those people who want to have the latest everything. So why pay more and get a phone every 21m and then have the old one sit in a drawer.

I do realized most people will not see it this way but will use it as a way to live beyond their means.

krycor

Honorary Master
Eish probably coming.

Don't get me wrong, I am mostly against all of the contract plans (there are exceptions like if you need a new phone + will be spending the money on airtime + data anyway) but I have come to realize there might be a case for 36m contracts. My last two phones have both lasted >3 years and the technological improvements are so minor these days you don't need to upgrade every 2 years unless you are one of those people who want to have the latest everything. So why pay more and get a phone every 21m and then have the old one sit in a drawer.

I do realized most people will not see it this way but will use it as a way to live beyond their means.

Interest rate = pay a lot extra for that and your battery starts acting flakey after 36-48m.

We just paying cash these days.. well card and pay off fast(<3mo).