Iphone 4 (16G) - R7,499.99 is it worth it?

schpat

It depends on where they are getting the phone from. I had an issue with a Grey iPod Touch about a year ago and it was a mission to have it repaired under warranty.

Maddmatt

Expert Member
On contract you can get decent deals, but for cash it's an absolute ripoff. Look at other high end phones. Samsung Galaxy S can be found for about R5300 cash.

Keeper

Honorary Master
rather get in on contract, pay the same, but get a warranty and free airtime + data.

Cicero

Expert Member
Why would you pay R7500 for the damn phone. MTN & Vodacom have it for R379/month for 24month. At R7500/R379 = 19.7months payments.

It absolutely makes no sense why you'd want to pay cash for it, then you still need to pay for your usage? WTF!

bboy

Expert Member
rather get in on contract, pay the same, but get a warranty and free airtime + data.

warranty .. baahhahaha..
I got my iphone 4 from vodacom , it was faulty, went back in 3 days later.. do you know how much uphill they have given me.. pure BS after BS after BS.
I still dont have an iphone, they haven given me a sony cybershot to use in the meantime, how the fek do u fit a microsim into a sony cybershot?
They policy clearly states they will swap it out, so then why am I carrying around a cybershot?
They promised me 48 hours, well. its way over that now!
They promised to get back to me, never do, i can't get a call out of them, i just get stupid emails from one of their ppl, never answering my questions, just stating policys etc etc.
Dont get a phone from vodacom, they will sell you a broken one and make it your problem.

Le^stat

warranty .. baahhahaha..
I got my iphone 4 from vodacom , it was faulty, went back in 3 days later.. do you know how much uphill they have given me.. pure BS after BS after BS.
I still dont have an iphone, they haven given me a sony cybershot to use in the meantime, how the fek do u fit a microsim into a sony cybershot?
They policy clearly states they will swap it out, so then why am I carrying around a cybershot?
They promised me 48 hours, well. its way over that now!
They promised to get back to me, never do, i can't get a call out of them, i just get stupid emails from one of their ppl, never answering my questions, just stating policys etc etc.
Dont get a phone from vodacom, they will sell you a broken one and make it your problem.

Thanks for the reply...hope its gets sorted. Vodacom seem to be disappointing customers more and more these days.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't pay 7.5k... its a little too overpriced. Interesting though... pricecheck.co.za came up with that as the cheapest option from what I understand.

seanyp00h

Expert Member
Dude paying so much for a phone is not worth it. Apple, HTC, blackberry, who cares. At the end of the day its still just a phone, and you probably going to enjoy using it. But in the end you'll realise you just spent so much cash on a "fad". Rather get a cheaper phone, and use the money on something else. Unless the Iphone is going to make you happy and you cant do without it.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
The iPhone makes for a tremendous mobile office. It does email and web surfing super quickly and efficiently.

Piesang

Executive Member
No phone is worth paying that kind of money. Rather get it on contract.

rapidblue

Expert Member
I took one on my Vodacom upgrade and sold it for R6500 (seeing I already have one)...
Keep an eye open and see if anyone upgrading wants to sell - your best bet ;)

Yarik11

I took one on my Vodacom upgrade and sold it for R6500 (seeing I already have one)...
Keep an eye open and see if anyone upgrading wants to sell - your best bet ;)

Yup, I bought a brand new and sealed 16gig for 6k from the Classifieds section two weeks ago

scotty777

...doesn't know
Why not buy an Ipod touch 32 gig for R3k? Does exactly the same thing, but doesn't call...