iPhone 4S/5 Announcement Tomorrow (4Oct 7PM) - Live blog HERE!

fxit_man

Executive Member

7PM CAT tomorrow marks the announcement for the latest iPhone(s). Either the 4S and the 5, or one or the other. The 4S is pretty much confirmed, lets see about the 5 :D (I think it will be both)

We have compiled a page of live blogs that will be covering the event to make it more convinent for you to get the LATEST news out there. Link is available at the bottom link.

Read more: http://iphoneza.co.za/2011/10/03/ip...-blog-tomorrow-4-oct-at-7pm-cat-dont-miss-it/

Live blog page
- http://iphoneza.co.za/iphone-4s5-launch-event-live-blog-compilation-4-oct-2011-7pm/

:D Excited!!

KevRSA

Expert Member
is there any website that you can stream it from :D if not i will be following your blog! :D

d0b33

Honorary Master
ahh.... it's been a long time coming... I am amped for tomorrow!

Yuu

Executive Member
Thank you Brotha :D

Won't be getting any studying done now :p

Will also post if i find a stream link :)

Roadrunner

Expert Member
Kicks off at 7pm SA time.

There are usually guys in the audience who streams video secretly. Apple has guys on the lookout for this and if the culprit is located, he is asked to stop.

They will find it more difficult to stream it today though, because the auditorium they use this time around can accomodate less people.

Last edited:

Elimentals

Honorary Master
They will find it more difficult to stream it today though, because the auditorium they use this time around can accomodate less people.

I wonder why the venue change this time round and why such a small number of people vs previous announcements.

Maybe Tim dont like large crowds :)

fxit_man

Executive Member
Kicks off at 7pm SA time.

There are usually guys in the audience who streams video secretly. Apple has guys on the lookout for this and if the culprit is located, he is asked to stop.

I can almost bet you there will be an unofficial stream. There will be special press streams in Coventry Gardens and someone is bound to stream it :p

Elimentals

Honorary Master
How long til we get the new release here do you guys estimate?

Your guess is as good as any, there is even rumors of the iPhone 5 being a Sprint exclusive till next year(Something about a $20 million deal).

So to sum it up, we will have to wait till 7 pm SA time to find out whats for what

Edit: To be honest I think the 4S will be Sprint exclusive, something like Samsung 10.1v was a Vodafone exclusive then again... lets just wait and see :)

Last edited:

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Cant wait for this. Even though i just got my Galaxy SII yesterday.

I think you going to be very happy with your G S2, I don't think we going to see a major upgrade from Apple.

Roadrunner

Expert Member
The Sprint iPhone 5 will only have WiMax in addition to 3G, so will be of no advantage to us.

The ones with the LTE radios will be available next year from the other carriers in the US. Wonder if this means the rest of the world will also have to wait or do we get the ones with LTE from the start?