iPhone 4S Announced - No iPhone 5. - 8MP, 1080P Video, A5 Dual Core

fxit_man

Executive Member
iphone4S-official.jpg

iPhone-4S.jpg

New features include:

- A5 dual-core CPU

- New dual-core GPU which claims to be 7x faster than the iPhone 4.

- 8 megapixel camera with “backside illumination” and an entirely new lens assembly- = 3264 x 2448 resolution

- New lens assembly – 30% more sharper, f/2.4

- Full HD 1080p video recording with noise reduction and video image stabilisation

- Siri Voice Control

- Airplay mirroring now coming to iPhone 4S

- Same battery life

- iPhone 4S preorders start on the 7th. Released on the 14th of this month. 28th October in more countries.

http://iphoneza.co.za/2011/10/04/ip...-core-graphics-up-to-7x-faster-than-iphone-4/

Last edited:

NiTeD

Expert Member
Super underwhelming, but I guess that's what you get for following the rumors!;)

fxit_man

Executive Member
Like many have said, if it was called the iPhone 5 many more people would be happier :)

But it should have been expected... 3G --> 3GS...all too familiar..

um_ah

So it still cant make breakfast, set the PVR, take the kids to school and do the grocery shopping? bummer :(

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Will it blend though...:erm:

So when can we start the iPhone 5 thread? :p

xera

Expert Member
Nice facelift!

As I don't have an iPhone, I wouldn't mind one... but would I upgrade from the old one? errrm, show me the money first?

Blatman

I will upgrade, the internal spec's of the new phone are impressive. Most people have got hung up on the name and the look of the phone. Now to see if I can secure one in the Uk on the 7th when pre-orders open.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
But they look the same. How will people know that you are cooler with the new phone?

Blatman

the lazer etched 3D 4S logo on the titanium and napa leather phone cover

Blatman

Secured my 4S this morning when apple sites went live was fairly simple although the site crashed a few times at 8am will collect it in the Uk on the 22nd.

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Secured my 4S this morning when apple sites went live was fairly simple although the site crashed a few times at 8am will collect it in the Uk on the 22nd.

How much did it work out to in Rands?

Mypro-D

Expert Member
So Im assuming that you could go there ( UK ) buy any one of the Iphone 4s's and bring it back here and everything would work 100%?
Im going to the UK on the 27th so I think I may get one.

fxit_man

Executive Member
So Im assuming that you could go there ( UK ) buy any one of the Iphone 4s's and bring it back here and everything would work 100%?
Im going to the UK on the 27th so I think I may get one.

Yup only the ones bought from Apple Stores though.

Apple Store's will likely not have stock on hand. They are the only ones that sell an unlocked device. Other shops such as Orange, Vodafone etc. are all locked to the carrier.

If you want to get hold of one you will have to order one on the Apple UK store which requires a UK credit/debit card, and which only ships to within UK.

Just a heads up.

Unless you find other sellers such as eBay etc.