iPhone 4S to launch in SA on Nov 24th 2011!? Vodacom discontinuing stock

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Just got off the phone with Vodashop Clearwater and Cresta.
ALL iPhones have been discontinued, until they get stock of the iPhone 4S.

When I asked if they would get the iPhone 4 8GB in when they get the 4S stock, they didn’t really understand what I was saying and just repeated that all iPhones have been discontinued…

I guess its good news for those who want a iPhone 4S, but really bad news for those of us that want to get our hands on a 4.

They need to stick the iPhone 4S stickers over the old iPhone 4 one's, thats why they are holding on to them

Damato

I have had my iPhone 4S for about 2 weeks and it is amazing, speed is on par with iPad2 (same chip) and it's pretty nice upgrade in general! The SIRI add-on is awesome, but it's more of a toy than anything. The dictation function is much more of a bonus.

I have found some battery performance issues, but with location services turned off it is negligible.

It is a wonderful phone even though it is close to the old iPhone 4 - but in a class of its own.
I would recommend it to anyone, it's a good upgrade.

KevRSA

Expert Member
Yeah!! fxit_man you have any idea the 4S will cost in SA? :)

fxit_man

Executive Member
I have had my iPhone 4S for about 2 weeks and it is amazing, speed is on par with iPad2 (same chip) and it's pretty nice upgrade in general! The SIRI add-on is awesome, but it's more of a toy than anything. The dictation function is much more of a bonus.

I have found some battery performance issues, but with location services turned off it is negligible.

It is a wonderful phone even though it is close to the old iPhone 4 - but in a class of its own.
I would recommend it to anyone, it's a good upgrade.

Lucky you :)

I have mine waiting for me in the UK, delivered and all :) Picking it up in the holidays at the end of the year :)

Damato

@sky101 - As a benchmark, I bought mine (way over priced already) for R 13000 (64GB White).
This is whilst being ripped off by customs etc. and paying a bit extra here and there :)

Anyone asking more - is out to make a quick buck, ripping off the public.
I saw a bunch of importers all asking in the ball park of R 16000, which is ludicrous!

I brought in 2x like fxit_man is going to bring in his, but honestly - it's worth it..

fxit_man

Executive Member
Yeah!! fxit_man you have any idea the 4S will cost in SA? :)

I personally think it will follow suit with the iPhone 4 launch prices? (btw those were iPhone 4 16GB: R7999 iPhone 4 32GB: R8999 afaik ). 64GB price is anyones guess. R9999 anyone? :D

No word on prices yet though. Will keep you guys updated as always :)

@sky101 - As a benchmark, I bought mine (way over priced already) for R 13000 (64GB White).
This is whilst being ripped off by customs etc. and paying a bit extra here and there :)

Anyone asking more - is out to make a quick buck, ripping off the public.
I saw a bunch of importers all asking in the ball park of R 16000, which is ludicrous!

I brought in 2x like fxit_man is going to bring in his, but honestly - it's worth it..

Holy ....... Apple.. That is expensive.

Last edited:

KevRSA

Expert Member
Yeah :) thanks guys,i prefer to buy all my phones on prepaid, hate contracts and besides i switch phones like every 3-4 months :) - But will definitely be buying the iPhone 4S - it might even convince me to get rid of my blackberry :)

fxit_man

Executive Member
Let's hope the date is right :) I know the devices have to pass through ICASA first, so I wonder when that is being done.

If the dates wrong it will at least help us get through some of the wait :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlC

I hope so! Which is the best Vodacom store for iPhone stock in your experience?

KevRSA

Expert Member
if you are in Gauteng - I choose Northgate Vodacom - they ALWAYS get stock quickly of the phones :)

booya30

if you are in Gauteng - I choose Northgate Vodacom - they ALWAYS get stock quickly of the phones :)
They actually had the last iPhone 4 16GB in Gauteng yesterday, so they must be good with stock :)

unskinnybob

Expert Member
Vodacom feedback:
Cellular networks do not always approve certain handset models due to the fact it does not perform as well on their respective networks. The approval of any new handset on the cellular network is determined by the test it undergoes. We cannot confirm the date when the testing will take place for the iPhone 4S. As per our Procurement Division, they are expecting the phone in February 2012. This is just an estimation and is not guaranteed.