iPhone 4S to launch in SA on Nov 24th 2011!? Vodacom discontinuing stock

fxit_man

Executive Member
Vodacom feedback:
Cellular networks do not always approve certain handset models due to the fact it does not perform as well on their respective networks. The approval of any new handset on the cellular network is determined by the test it undergoes. We cannot confirm the date when the testing will take place for the iPhone 4S. As per our Procurement Division, they are expecting the phone in February 2012. This is just an estimation and is not guaranteed.

Where from?

booya30

Vodacom feedback:
Cellular networks do not always approve certain handset models due to the fact it does not perform as well on their respective networks. The approval of any new handset on the cellular network is determined by the test it undergoes. We cannot confirm the date when the testing will take place for the iPhone 4S. As per our Procurement Division, they are expecting the phone in February 2012. This is just an estimation and is not guaranteed.

Well then it would be silly to discontinue the iPhone 4 now then...

fxit_man

Executive Member
Well then it would be silly to discontinue the iPhone 4 now then...

Precisely my thoughts. The fact that they said "this is just an estimation and is not guaranteed" at the end there basically negates the whole statemtent lol :p

KevRSA

Expert Member
asked Vodacom on their FB wall, of course they didnt tell me LOL

Acydebyte

I have it on good authority that the 24th is definitely the day being bantered around.... Get urself on as many waiting lists as u can ;)

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I have it on good authority that the 24th is definitely the day being bantered around.... Get urself on as many waiting lists as u can ;)

Who are the keepers of the waiting lists, and what do you bribe them with ...? :D

Acydebyte

It helps having a good relationship with the sales manager and CEO of a major cellphone outlet chain ;)

clasqm

[daydreaming] OTOH If the thing is ICASA-approved there is nothing to prevent Core from selling 4Ss in its own stores with a free SIM cutter thrown in ...
[\daydreaming]

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Will the iPhone 4S be released at all stores (iStores, Digicape etc...) or just Vodacom stores?

What grinds me is that a friend of mine went to Hong Kong on business 3 weeks ago and they only had the iPhone 4.

Now on Friday the iPhone 4S will be released in Hong Kong for HK$5088 which is R5225, the best price so far for an iPhone 4S.

fxit_man

Executive Member
Will the iPhone 4S be released at all stores (iStores, Digicape etc...) or just Vodacom stores?

What grinds me is that a friend of mine went to Hong Kong on business 3 weeks ago and they only had the iPhone 4.

Now on Friday the iPhone 4S will be released in Hong Kong for HK$5088 which is R5225, the best price so far for an iPhone 4S.

Ouch that sucks.. I'm in HK next wed... Hmm :p

Blatman

Also had mine now since the 21st October. It is a great phone and is much faster that the 4.

Screen camera etc all brilliant. Struggled with Siri initially as I had high hopes for it and found it frustrated as she stuggles with our names etc. So asking her to call someone for instance called Gert can be a extremely frustrating experience, surnames even worse. There is also no support for things like finding Resturants or taxi's etc.

Overall very happy but if you only want it for street cred you will have to buy your own 4S stickers a part from the position of the silence switch which has moved a mm or 2 as far as I can see it's identical.

fxit_man

Executive Member
4S stickers hahaha! That's funny :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

kingrob

Is Siri available in Afrikaans?

iPhone 4S user : Siri, ek wil Pofadder toe ry. Kry die Google Map.
Siri : I don't understand Poefudder.
iPhone 4S user : Don't be a ****. There is a place called Pofadder.
Siri : I don't understand dos & Poefudder.
iPhone 4S user : Me neither.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Is Siri available in Afrikaans?

iPhone 4S user : Siri, ek wil Pofadder toe ry. Kry die Google Map.
Siri : I don't understand Poefudder.
iPhone 4S user : Don't be a ****. There is a place called Pofadder.
Siri : I don't understand dos & Poefudder.
iPhone 4S user : Me neither.

:D