iPhone 5 LCDs now shipping says insider

Pardon me but this isn't a valid Apple rumour unless it involves something being 'forgotten' in a bar.

Well they even spotted iPhone 5 dedicated code in the beta's

We all know Apple is working on the next gen iPhone, they would have idiots working for them if they didn't, hell I will even go so far as to say that ASUS already have a team working on the next ASUS Eee tablet, even before the Prime landed in the shops.

Also knowing Apple that buy stock sometimes even years ahead this basically says nothing that common knowledge will tell you.

What we dont know is when it will be released and what it will look like and on that front we all know what the last round of rumors did :)

[)roi(];7319005 said:
What can they really improve on the LCD? only difference would be bigger or edge to edge.

SuperAmoled or a better IPS screen.

Lol at these rumours... It took them how long to go from iPhone to 4..? And now all of a sudden they breaking their routine and pulling a nokia? Apple knows better than that...

There is very little room for explanation with the current technology available, we might se another revision around this time next year but that's about it.

SuperAmoled or a better IPS screen.
What can you improve on the current IPS; especially one that will be noticeable (if it's not noticeable then why bother?)

Super AMOLED I don't believe will be an improvement, the contrast ratios are worse than IPS, plus they still haven't achieved the same level of pixel density / quality as the IPS displays, and that doesn't even touch on the problems with mass production. If they can sort out those issues and maintain the power benefits only then will it be worth changing.

I believe the change in manufacturer is primarily related to the problems with Samsung.

Last edited:
[)roi(];7333575 said:
I believe the change in manufacturer is primarily related to the problems with Samsung.

I dont know, Samsung's Manufacturing department dont care what the others do, hell they would even sue each other :)

Probably price or demand related, besides its not abnormal for Apple to source the same part from different manufacturers at the same time either.

I dont know, Samsung's Manufacturing department dont care what the others do, hell they would even sue each other :)

Probably price or demand related, besides its not abnormal for Apple to source the same part from different manufacturers at the same time either.
Samsung openly admitted (reason given to press) that they overlooked Apple's infringement of the FRAND patents because they were a major component client (prior to Apple's accusation of patent infringement) -- hence they did care... + there's a strong case to support why Apple would want to reduce their reliance on Samsung.

Last edited:

+1

As they say in all the good Mob movies, "It ain't personal, Charlie, it's just business."

Back