iPhone 6 and LTE

Dauntless

I recently bought an iPhone 6 - however I have not once been able to access the LTE network, even though it has been authorized in my service provider settings on the phone. Any idea why this is happening?

weelzSA

Expert Member
I recently bought an iPhone 6 - however I have not once been able to access the LTE network, even though it has been authorized in my service provider settings on the phone. Any idea why this is happening?

Might be a silly question, but do you have a LTE enabled sim? If it is not a new sim then you will need to go into a store and swap it for a LTE sim.

whatwhat

Executive Member

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Depends where you bought it from. The US ones are different from the EU ones (which we get) in terms of the LTE bands they support. For MTN/Voda you are normally ok but Telkom won't work with a US phone.

Tavor

As mentioned, check your sim says LTE. Often you think it is capable, but it needs a sim swap

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
MTN, unlike any of the other networks, requires you to have an LTE enabled SIM. With Vodacom you can have a 10 year old SIM and LTE would work.