iPhone 6 vs. Galaxy S5 vs. HTC One (M8) Speed Test

Looney

Executive Member
Soon the android fanboys will be flocking to this thread and bring up things like bendgate, iOS and so forth to discredit the iPhone lolz

mr_norris

Expert Member
Soon the android fanboys will be flocking to this thread and bring up things like bendgate, iOS and so forth to discredit the iPhone lolz

Not me, I'm pretty impressed with that iPhone.

I'm just stoked that the M8 whipped the S5, considering the S5 has a higher clocked CPU.

F

Fudzy

I was just about to post this. It really highlights how Apple and developers for iOS can really lead the pack with less hardware thanks to a single vendor platform. Well done Apple.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
To me the HTC seemed faster there, and it's pointless comparing speed using apps for 2 different operating systems like Photoshop Touch as they're differently coded.

Dubes

Expert Member
To me the HTC seemed faster there, and it's pointless comparing speed using apps for 2 different operating systems like Photoshop Touch as they're differently coded.

Yeah, but none of that matters. This is all about Apple fans needing to brag about how superior they feel they are. Let them have their moment.

Silly them! Everyone knows the speed at which you can open multiple apps when your ADD strikes is so much more important than your phone not folding in half when you sit...

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Yeah, but none of that matters. This is all about Apple fans needing to brag about how superior they feel they are. Let them have their moment.
All that speed but they still can't get Bluetooth to work properly

PostmanPot

Honorary Master

iPhone users don't care about the specs much, they care about iOS, and trust Apple to give them the latest and greatest, certainly an upgrade from the user's previous iPhone.

It's actually in retaliation to the Android Army being so spec driven, thinking their quad cores, double to triple amounts of RAM, and double digit megapixels are superior.

I don't blame them for being so spec driven, it's all that the manufacturers under the Android umbrella have in order to compete with each other. We/you do, after all, to a large degree, do what the manufacturers want you to do.

Got served. Half the cores, RAM, and megapixels will slowly sink in. But don't worry, everything will be OK.

Dubes

Expert Member
iPhone users don't care about the specs much, they care about iOS...

Rubbish.

They only care about the imagined feeling of superiority in owning an Apple device. Evidence?

1. How often have we heard the counter argument of "you're just jealous because you can't afford an iPhone". Which of course totally ignores the fact that most flagship devices cost the same monthly fee on contract.

2. I've noticed most iPhone covers come with a cut out to expose the Apple logo...

3. The need to constantly tell all and sundry how cutting edge and innovative their device of choice is, even when implementating tech that has been around for ages.

F

Fudzy

Rubbish.

They only care about the imagined feeling of superiority in owning an Apple device. Evidence?

1. How often have we heard the counter argument of "you're just jealous because you can't afford an iPhone". Which of course totally ignores the fact that most flagship devices cost the same monthly fee on contract.

2. I've noticed most iPhone covers come with a cut out to expose the Apple logo...

3. The need to constantly tell all and sundry how cutting edge and innovative their device of choice is, even when implementating tech that has been around for ages.

Opinion, not fact. The video proves that they can do quite a bit with 'tech that has been around for ages'. Why aren't the other phones faster?

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Opinion, not fact. The video proves that they can do quite a bit with 'tech that has been around for ages'. Why aren't the other phones faster?
Have you seen the video, the HTC loads the web pages much faster than iOS.

Dubes

Expert Member

Where's the opinion in that?

Mike C

True that.

They will also fail to mention that the S5 is packing a 2.5Ghz Quad processor with 2 Gigs of Ram compared to iPhones 1.4Ghz Dual with 1GB.

Last edited:

Dubes

Expert Member
True that.

They will also fail to mention that the S5 is packing a 2.5Ghz Quad processor with 4 Gigs of Ram compared to iPhones 1.4Ghz Dual with 2GB.

I got short changed, mine only has 2GB of RAM. But don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master

I'd hoped you'd have been more intelligent than using such a wide paint stroke.

You really, really need to let go of the above, and realise it's people in any aspect of life, especially materialistic goods, who do this. Please consider this thought today.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
True that.

They will also fail to mention that the S5 is packing a 2.5Ghz Quad processor with 4 Gigs of Ram compared to iPhones 1.4Ghz Dual with 2GB.

Galaxy S5 - 2GB.

iPhone 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus (I think) - 1GB.

Spotja

Whenever an Android-running device gets served by an iPhone, the same arguments ensue like, 'my phone can transfer files by Bluetooth' and blah blah. As if that matters to everyone.

I've had 3 android devices, and I hardly transferred music or pics by Bluetooth. I for one don't like sharing music. Whenever I need a song, there's the iTunes app