iPhone 9 / SE 2 South African Release Date & Price

MrsGreen

Based on the latest news it looks like coronavirus spread may impact production on the 9/SE2.....

Anyone here in the know about the possible release date in SA?

MrsGreen

I’m multi-threading here but desperate to know if any “insiders” know anything about possible release date for iPhone 9/SE2?
And yes, I do realise that if Ming-Chi Kuo doesn’t know the release date then how likely would it be public knowledge, but a girls gotta ask!

MrsGreen

Apple generally release new products in September, and the release date in SA is around 2 weeks later.
So normally their flagship phones (this year leaks say it’s 3 different iPhone 12’s) are released after their big yearly announcement at the end of Q3 but rumour has it, and it appears this is very possible, that the iPhone 9/SE2 is already in production with a possible release date in the US of mid-March, I was just hoping someone could verify if they had heard anything.

Last edited:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Should be early March. Hit SA very soon afterwards so I would say late March in Mzanzi.

Dave

Honorary Master
Should be early March. Hit SA very soon afterwards so I would say late March in Mzanzi.
The original SE launched on the 31st of March, if there's a Corona delay it'll push the date into April or May (If Apple are actually intending on launching a SE2).

rodger_rami04

Every phone manufacturer is feeling the heat of Coronavirus. Xiaomi is increasing prices of their smartphones in Asian markets, and saying their supply chain has been affected due to the Coronavirus epidemic in China.

MrsGreen