iPhone 9 / SE 2 South African Release Date & Price

sand_man

Honorary Master
Wonder what the offer would be on a iPh7 trade in (if any)? R299 for how many months? Over 24 it's not much of a bargain tbh... R7200?!

ganja bobby

Yeah ... since Unbox Therapy endorsed the Escobar smartphone scam, I take his videos with a grain of salt. He did post a response to the backlash, though. But that's only because of the, you know ... backlash.
He’s a scammer of note and he leap frogged most other tech related channels because of it. The truck full of iPhone 6s’ giveaway in 2015 was amongst his biggest scams that later disappeared and he ended up giving maybe 50 away. Also been involved in fake giveaways with DBrand (I suspect he holds shares).

Duke of Hazard

Is it worth getting an SE2 over an 8?

Is it the same build quality as the 8 or other premium iphones? Surely they have done some cost cutting potentially making it less durable than a previous premium model like the 8?

I want it for my Mom, she won't care much for better processor specs, etc. but she can (somehow) keep a phone forever so a newer model would make more sense, I just want the phone to last as long as possible.

Dave

Honorary Master
Is it worth getting an SE2 over an 8?

Is it the same build quality as the 8 or other premium iphones? Surely they have done some cost cutting potentially making it less durable than a previous premium model like the 8?

I want it for my Mom, she won't care much for better processor specs, etc. but she can (somehow) keep a phone forever so a newer model would make more sense, I just want the phone to last as long as possible.
Build quality is on par with the 8, if you have the choice go for the new SE.

genetic

Honorary Master
Base price of 10k

So much for a "cheap" iPhone.

Who was expecting it to be in the 5k range?
No one.

It's only $399 in the US. Everywhere else in the world it sells for €499, which is pretty much R10k.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
SpeedTest G of 2020 iPhone SE vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra in 720P Mode...

And iPhone SE vs. OnePlus 8 Pro in 1080P Mode

That A13 is nothing to play with, incredible.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
iPhone 11 Pro Max is 40k? What the hell
The iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB is R38999.

The 256GB is R32999 and 64GB is R28999.

That’s how it’s been for as long as I remember. The XS Max was the same, my 256GB XS Max was insured for the same amount as my current 256GB 11 Pro Max is currently insured for.