iPhone 9 / SE 2 South African Release Date & Price

Charlie600

This actually looks really nice!! Although I'm not yet convinced that I would trade my 11 Pro Max for the new SE, it is an exceptionally good value for money proposition! Why spend exponentially more, for similar performance (excluding camera setup)?

MrsGreen

This actually looks really nice!! Although I'm not yet convinced that I would trade my 11 Pro Max for the new SE, it is an exceptionally good value for money proposition! Why spend exponentially more, for similar performance (excluding camera setup)?
Been waiting to upgrade my 6s because I can’t deal with the phablets so its pretty damn awesome for me!!!

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So R12k SA pricing...
If that actually happens I would be quite impressed at the current exchange rate.

It just about slots in to replace the 8 but is a bit high compared to the in stock iPhone 11 pricing.

Actually scratch that. Looking at the new iPad Pro which is R 19,999 locally and costs exactly double in USD this should come in at R 9,9999

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Been waiting to upgrade my 6s because I can’t deal with the phablets so its pretty damn awesome for me!!!
The Pro phoned are about the same physical size as the SE though. Problem is that they cost too much money.

We’ll be part of the secondary roll out for sure, unless Covid causes some issues.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Great stuff, A13 in this thing is going to be ridiculously fast and I particularly like this part:

iPhone SE Product Red model will support coronavirus relief

Until Sept. 30, Apple is partnering with (Red) to redirect a portion of proceeds from the sale of Product Red devices to the Global Fund's COVID‑19 Response. Apple's website says this will "provide critical support in health systems most threatened by outbreak and, in turn, help preserve lifesaving HIV/AIDS programs in sub-Saharan Africa." Other devices from Apple with a Product Red models include the iPhone 11 and iPhone XR, as well as accessories like iPhone cases and Apple Watch bands.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
No sh*t Sherlock, what's your next earth shattering statement going to be?

The Pope is Catholic?

PS
I don't know if you've noticed, but flagship phones from most brands are expensive these days...
Samsung is comparatively cheaper, if you look at $ prices in South Africa. They also offer better value with their warranties, replacing your screen etc.

Dave

Honorary Master
Samsung is comparatively cheaper, if you look at $ prices in South Africa. They also offer better value with their warranties, replacing your screen etc.
So a phone for R23,000 is a cheap phone?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Great stuff, A13 in this thing is going to be ridiculously fast and I particularly like this part:

iPhone SE Product Red model will support coronavirus relief

Tbh, there's not that much difference between high end Qualcomm and Apple SoC in the last ~2 years since they've both gotten so good (for user experience).
Only thing I am interested is how the image computation for the SoC holds up on the SE considering it's using the A13, maybe we'll see one of the best midrange cameras, though I hope someone compares it to similar price with a Google Cam mod since pretty much any Qualcomm powered phone can get a port.

Dave

Honorary Master
You can compare features between the new SE and other iPhones on the Apple site.