iPhone 9 / SE 2 South African Release Date & Price

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
So you're saying when you pay for an Apple product you get a Doogee or something?
Wouldnt say that low but a mid spec huawei or samsung would smack an iphone 8 for example, providing they are within the same manufacturing date.

namzsteve

Expert Member
Decent I think, but Rand has tanked lately. Would love to get this for the wife, she's still on the previous SE, really doesn't want to upgrade but I think she could accept this

sand_man

Honorary Master
Wouldnt say that low but a mid spec huawei or samsung would smack an iphone 8 for example, providing they are within the same manufacturing date.
A13 goes toe to toe with 855/865 Snapdragon.. The design might be archaic but the chip sings!!

Oh and under estimate the camera at your own peril...

Dave

Honorary Master
So you pay for an Apple product and then get a mid spec Huawei or Samsung?

Sounds like misselling or bait and switch...

MrsGreen

Soooo..... back to the thread....... anyone got a Vodacom connection or iStore connection?

Kiemo

The iPhone SE 2020 or IPhone SE CV-19 lol just joking but seems to be a decent phone specially if you coming from a iPhone 5/5s 6/6s 7/8 even if you have been using the plus models or the 7/8 ... but honestly this is very good for Apple at this time for us I’m not to sure because of the rand if we really want the budget for this iPhone we need to wait it out yes the cellular store here won’t down the price due to rand dropping like gas and petrol but we can wait it out until Apple releases there iphone 12 model then we will definitely see a price drop having said that it’s totally up to you guys ... keep in mind that the iPhone XR we waiting on a price drop on that iPhone as well so it’s really not bad waiting it out ...

sand_man

Honorary Master
The ZAR has lost a bit of ground over the last month or so. It will be interesting/depressing to see what effect that has on prices.

There's no doubt the SE 2020 is aggressively priced, I was hopping for a starting price of around R8k and at an exchange rate of 15-1 that might have been possible.... Now, not so much...