iPhone 9 / SE 2 South African Release Date & Price

ronz91

Expert Member
Would love to get one of these to replace the SO's iPh7. Decent upgrade me thinks, if it's available for around R350 on entry level contracts (over 24 months)...
probably what it should be priced at but I would be amazed if it launched at that

sand_man

Honorary Master
probably what it should be priced at but I would be amazed if it launched at that
Yip. Not at today's exchange rate unfortunately. 2 months ago? For sure... But let's wait and see. We might be pleasantly surprised.

Dave

Honorary Master
The UK price (including tax) at today's exchange rate would make the new SE R10,093.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Reviews have been solid. Very keen to get the wife one when her upgrade is due sometime in October... Very interested to see how pricing looks locally though...

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
An iPhone 8 64gb is 9999 on the istore
But an iPad Pro that is just landing cost 19,999.

It’s exactly double in US$.

So the iPhone SE should be R9,999 with the 8 going for much less.

maq_

But an iPad Pro that is just landing cost 19,999.

It’s exactly double in US$.

So the iPhone SE should be R9,999 with the 8 going for much less.
Yeah my thoughts as well. Doubt it is gonna be less than R9999

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yeah my thoughts as well. Doubt it is gonna be less than R9999
You misunderstand.

The R9,999 is already less. It’s a very good price.

If anything it would be more, but I don’t think it will be.

R_Factor

Would love to pick up a 128GB Product RED as a backup on the eBucks store at 40% off since iStore will want to rape us on the small storage bump as usual. 50 USD diff in the US so I don’t see them charging us any less than R1500 more for the upgrade though I could be wrong

40% off should bring it to the price we’re actually supposed to pay lol..

That being said I’m loving the Product RED back with the black factory face now

yuanyasmine

The only surprising thing about SE2 is the 256GB storage option. It's an additional SKU that Apple will have to carry. How many are willing to pay $150 for 256GB storage? The 256GB option was discontinued on the XR and 8.

In terms of launch day, there was no chance it would be today. It's Saturday in the country with the world's biggest smartphone market. That's the only market where it's entering full recovery stage.

At $449, it's a little more expensive than hoped but Apple is launching on schedule. I would expect it to have wireless charging and XR camera at this price.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The only surprising thing about SE2 is the 256GB storage option. It's an additional SKU that Apple will have to carry. How many are willing to pay $150 for 256GB storage? The 256GB option was discontinued on the XR and 8.

In terms of launch day, there was no chance it would be today. It's Saturday in the country with the world's biggest smartphone market. That's the only market where it's entering full recovery stage.

At $449, it's a little more expensive than hoped but Apple is launching on schedule. I would expect it to have wireless charging and XR camera at this price.
The XR does have a 256GB option and so does the 8 as well as the 11 and onwards so there is no new SKU, it’s the same across the board.

The SE also does have wireless charging and has basically the same camera so I don’t know what you mean with that? The flash array is slightly different.

The selfie camera differs for the lack of FaceID not because the camera itself is different.

It’s basically an XR for people who don’t want to spend more or specifically don’t want Face ID and prefer the Home button.

Last edited: