iPhone ahead of BlackBerry in US: ComScore

cerebus

Honorary Master
RIM is failing hard in the US. The stock price is plummeting and they have no decent forward-looking products. Playbook was a fiasco and their whole future lineup is recycled.... not to mention the other manufacturers are stealing their enterprise milkshake. But they do very well in the developing world because of low cost internet offerings... hence the popularity here in SA.

BLIXEMPIE

Honorary Master
I would love to know RIM's score in SA. Me and everyone I know owns a BlackBerry.

Mbuzi

Expert Member
With offerings like 8.ta's, Cell C it's only a matter of time RIM starts biting the dust here in SA. For instance Cell Cs promo R50 recharge gives you 500MB (writing under correction) will make more people buy any smart-phone knowing that they hardly spend more than 500MB on their devices and there won't be any limitation in terms of browsing youtube as is the case with BIS. IMHO

techead

Honorary Master
BB a dying breed.. with the OS drama they have, and developers withdrawing their support coz developing for their OS is such a pain in the ass, this doesnt come as a shock

SA follows international trends, and the only reason BB is doing so well here is that we a bit behind the international space.

the BB phase will pass here as well, just like it did everywhere else in the world

cerebus

Honorary Master
I would love to know RIM's score in SA. Me and everyone I know owns a BlackBerry.

They do very well here and in a lot of the developing world. Mainly that's because of BIS which is a very cheap internet service. Once we get an alternative to BIS here we'll see how they fare.