• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

iPhone iMessage not activating - Telkom Freeme Port

adamr

Executive Member
Has anyone with a Telkom freeme contract (port from another sp) got their iMessage on their number activated successfully ?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Has anyone with a Telkom freeme contract (port from another sp) got their iMessage on their number activated successfully ?
Yeah, it takes a while but it eventually happens. Sucks when you have to pay for all the sms messages but I'm guessing your contract would cover those?

sand_man

Honorary Master
It the pesky sms request that goes from your handset to the Apple servers. I had a similar problem on a MTN package that has no airtime value. A lot of data, 50gb, a lot of free smses to local numbers, 200, a lot of talk minutes mtn to mtn, 10 000!!! But no airtime! I loaded R5 airtime and boom, activated!

adamr

Executive Member
Yeah the contract does have an SMS bundle attached to it (50 a day) but wether that is international I doubt it. Also my contract does have a block on it of R1 over my contract value. And based on both your posts could be the reason why that SMS won't go out ... I'm going to try and raise the limit and see if this solves it

gfmalan

Expert Member
Yeah the contract does have an SMS bundle attached to it (50 a day) but wether that is international I doubt it. Also my contract does have a block on it of R1 over my contract value. And based on both your posts could be the reason why that SMS won't go out ... I'm going to try and raise the limit and see if this solves it
Or load R10 airtime from your bank to the sim

iWish

Yes, the day I ported to Telkom Freeme Family I had no issues with iMessages.
You’ll have to contact them. Alternatively, switch phone off and on if you haven’t tried it already.