Iphone pairing to VW golf 6

Pearu

Hey guys ! please help me on this one ... I am trying to connect or pair my iphone 5 to my VW golf 6 . I already activated the bluetooth on the car's radio source , my problem is when I try to connect on my phone. With my bluetooth enabled , I still don't find any devices . Please help !

VanillaBox

Expert Member
In my Audi you can enable the BT and then you can set it to discoverable, when done pairing you can disable the descover part, then your phone should connect everytime.

grim

Expert Member
Does the car actually have the bluetooth module installed?

They are only bluetooth prepared standard, the bluetooth module is an option

Pearu

I really want to listen some music in the car through my iphone ... But now Im struggling

riscbroker

Expert Member
I think that aux port also provides power, you may need a different cable/adapter to the one you're trying. Swing past a dealer and ask them

Last edited:

isie

Honorary Master
The aux doesn't work either ! what can it be ?

Ok just to confirm the Error isn't between seat and steering wheel - you did press the media button and choose Aux and volume is up on your iphone?
if yes you may have a dud deck (or dead duck :D)
Th Bluetooth being an option and not active is common but the Aux not working is a bit suspect

isie

Honorary Master
I think that aux port also provides power, you may need a different cable to the one you're trying. Swing past a dealer and ask them

I'm using a cheap ass cable works fine - although i am considering getting one of those griffin flat cables:

Griffin_6_Premium_Gold_Plated_Flat_Aux_Cable_Yellow_GC20018.jpg

Pearu

yes I will go to a dealer and ask about the aux .. and no I haven't changed any settings on my iPhone , but other phones like a samsung does the same .. I don't know if its broken somewhere , my question is ; how does someone damage this ?