iPhone SE prices for South Africa

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Seriously...

iStore are being retarded again.....

Even adding Customs and VAT and such it doesn't come to that kind of price, and there is no way in a million years they are bringing those things in at full retail.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
What with you guys (MyBB). It's 2gb RAM...proven 50 times already...*not* 1gb

Shoddy fact checking again

genetic

Honorary Master
Wow... so much for a phone that's essentially 3 years old with a little performance boost.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The rough design does date from late 2012 (iPhone 5) but the core specs are from the top level iPhone that still kicks butt with the 2016 Droid phones.

This "mini 6s" is guaranteed smooth performance for years to come.

genetic

Honorary Master
The rough design does date from late 2012 (iPhone 5) but the core specs are from the top level iPhone that still kicks butt with the 2016 Droid phones.

This "mini 6s" is guaranteed smooth performance for years to come.
Agreed. Doesn't take much to power a 4 year old 640 x 1136 display - which in itself far trumps any 2016 Android device.

vinodh

Expert Member
Wow... so much for a phone that's essentially 3 years old with a little performance boost.
I assume that you didn't know that it's "essentially" an iPhone 6S in an iPhone 5S chassis? Or you did know that and was deliberately trolling to get the reaction you were looking for?

Last edited:

ponder

Honorary Master
Seriously...

iStore are being retarded again.....

Even adding Customs and VAT and such it doesn't come to that kind of price, and there is no way in a million years they are bringing those things in at full retail.
Who cares, people will line up in droves to buy it.

vinodh

Expert Member
Who cares, people will line up in droves to buy it.
That's the sad part. Most people don't even know that Apple and iStore are not the same thing. My Macbook Air SSD experience was a perfect example of how Core charges triple the price of what Apple charges.
However, people will still buy from Core since we don't really have too many other options for buying Apple products in SA.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I assume that you didn't know that it's "essentially" an iPhone 6S in an iPhone 5S chassis? Or you did know that and was deliberately trolling to get the reaction you were looking for?
No it is not. http://www.techgrapple.com/things-apple-didnt-tell-about-iphone-se-in-the-event/

Things Apple didn’t tell about iPhone SE in the event
First Generation Touch ID
Downgraded Front Camera
iPhone 5 and iPhone SE both features 1.2 megapixel front shooter with f/2.4 Aperture.
First Generation Display
Lack of Display Zoom and Reachability feature
Lack of Dual-domain pixels for Wide Viewing Angle
Downgraded LTE and Slower WiFi
No Barometer Sensor

pigeon

Wait, you're complaining that it doesn't include reachability? The link you gave literally describes Reachability as something that lets you use the phone with one hand - ergo Apple introduced it for larger phones. Why on earth would you need it with the diminutive SE.

Also, if you're unhappy a company doesn't point out specs that aren't the best in a marketing/press event, but is perfectly upfront about them on the specs page on their website, you must be unhappy a lot.

I think the phone has been ridiculously over-priced by Core, and if Apple could have their own presence here and sort it out that would be great, I would consider the phone then, so no I am not anti-Apple, but I am not a fanboy either, I currently have a Sony, I just think your post screams of wanting to nitpick.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Should have guessed you'd show up here. As usual, you decided to leave out the parts that won't support your argument.
What part? That the SE beats the 6s/6s Plus in battery life?

iPhone SE Battery Life is better than iPhone 6s
While using internet, iPhone SE battery will run longer compared to iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. iPhone SE beats iPhone 6s even in Video Playback time.
Doesn't look good either way for Apple.