iPhone stolen and still on, can I track it?

dreamrobin

My iphone has been stolen last night, the guy then threw it in a field whilst i was chasing him, i called the phone and its been on since last night, i only have it a couples of months and didnt setup any tracking apps, i looked all night in the field but cant hear it or see its light!!! its still on thats a good thing, but i need to track it before battery runs out. No its not insured, help!

Priapus

Executive Member
Hi,

If you setup iCloud on the device - you can login to iCloud.com with your details and it will show you the location of the phone. (Provided the location settings are turned on)

www.icloud.com

Shi

Expert Member
maybe gets some mates and comb the field again.

good luck.

Venomous

Honorary Master
go back to the field and call your phone from another? Take a few friends with you...

Venomous

Honorary Master
Dude, I searched all night and early this morning, no sound no light, and the field has long grass :twisted:

/feels self
:erm:
If those are balls then they relocated far north, on their own
:whistling:

if your phone is on, was the volume off?

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
All I can think of is to take a dog and call the device, it is possible the dog will be curious and direct you to the phone - give it a shot.

spiderkzn

Try to remember take a step where you chased your friend. Long grass should be hard to find but less chance it stolen.

dreamrobin

Friend? Sound will pique its interest and even give an indication of the general direction - get to the SPCA or ask a friendly SAPS dude. Which iPhone?

How can I get a dog at the SPCA to help me look for my phone, thats ridiculous and they dont just give dogs away.
Its the iphone 4

azbob

Honorary Master
How can I get a dog at the SPCA to help me look for my phone, thats ridiculous and they dont just give dogs away.
Its the iphone 4

Yes they do, they have a specific breed trained to find Apple devices....Golden Delicious Retrievers.

[video=youtube;iMpXAknykeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg[/video]

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
Bottom line is that if the location services for find my phone wasnt turned on or setup in icloud then you cant use gps tracking.
Also the tracking will just tell you that it is in the field or play a sound on it to let you try find it.
Are you 100% sure it was your phone that was thrown and not something else?