iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR, Apple Event 12 September 2018

FiestaST

Honorary Master
So much of Apple burn in this video:

iPhone Xs MAX Durability Test - How weak is the big iPhone? - JerryRigEverything

Dave

Honorary Master
Haha, very funny. He doesn't care very much for Apple at all :D
There’s a lot of journalists and vloggers/bloggers who hate Apple because Apple don’t grease their palms, I’ve personally seen one journalist that used to like their products until he was left off their VIP list for a trip to Cupertino and getting freebie phones for evaluation and almost overnight he turned into a total hater.

Funny how he turned into a total Honor/Huawei lover after an all expenses trip to Berlin and a couple of freebie phones arrived for him. Now he writes almost exclusively pro Honor/Huawei stories as he gets invites to all their functions and gets lots of free phones... :rolleyes:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
There’s a lot of journalists and vloggers/bloggers who hate Apple because Apple don’t grease their palms, I’ve personally seen one journalist that used to like their products until he was left off their VIP list for a trip to Cupertino and getting freebie phones for evaluation and almost overnight he turned into a total hater.

Funny how he turned into a total Honor/Huawei lover after an all expenses trip to Berlin and a couple of freebie phones arrived for him. Now he writes almost exclusively pro Honor/Huawei stories as he gets invites to all their functions and gets lots of free phones... :rolleyes:
Don't leave us in anticipation. Who is the journalist/blogger? Well known oke or a nobody?

f2wohf

Honorary Master

If you had the slightest idea of the money we used to spend (inviting journalists, influencers, officials and others) to the mobile congress in Barcelona every single year, your jaw would drop.

That's when I was working in telcos.

Dave

Honorary Master
If you had the slightest idea of the money we used to spend (inviting journalists, influencers, officials and others) to the mobile congress in Barcelona every single year, your jaw would drop.

That's when I was working in telcos.
I do know, I used to work for one of the big telco companies (networks across many countries).

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Is it only me that has no use whatsoever for any kind of video on my phone? And certainly not the massive memory drain required to store a few seconds of a 1080p video.
Besides it will happily play 1080p and probably 4K too without blinking.

It just won’t be natively at that resolution.

airborne

Honorary Master
What do people think about the new prices, local preorder prices seem to show all the newly released models are between R20-R30k?

What would just the monthly all risks insurance on that be, something like R400 pm?

RoboJedi

Just got vodacom call, 1100 cheapest iPhone Xs Max contract for 64gig, for the 256gig cheapest contract is 1350pm.

I told then no thnx.

airborne

Honorary Master
Spill the beans, the folks with R20k+ iPhones, do you insure them or go balls to the wall?

If you do insure how much is the premuim each month?