iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR, Apple Event 12 September 2018

juBa

Vodacom has stock of the Xs Max again. My order came this morning and as I went to fetch my proof of residence and ID they left noobs

Spizz

Goat Botherer
None for store pickup tomorrow?
I'm too cheap to pay the R200 in store upgrade fee :p

But nah, went in this morning and they said end of next week if I order in store. Called them direct and they said Monday or Tuesday.

Still not sure I shouldn't have coughed up the extra for an Xs. R150 a month cheaper for Xr 128gb as opposed to 64gb Xs, but better battery life apparently and bigger screen albeit at a lower res. Same res as my 8 I guess and I'm okay with that. Any comments?

neoassasin

I'm really leaning towards the Xr. The Xs is to small and the Max is too big. Plus they come in 128 gig which is my sweet spot. Only thing still bothering me is the 828p LCD.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I'm really leaning towards the Xr. The Xs is to small and the Max is too big. Plus they come in 128 gig which is my sweet spot. Only thing still bothering me is the 828p LCD.
Yeah, wife has an X so I can see the difference when my 8 is beside it, but otherwise it's a nice display when not comparing it to hers :D

I'm looking forward to a bigger display without having to go max size though. I think the lack of 3D Touch might be a deal breaker although I'm not sure what 'haptic touch' will offer.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Yeah, wife has an X so I can see the difference when my 8 is beside it, but otherwise it's a nice display when not comparing it to hers :D

I'm looking forward to a bigger display without having to go max size though. I think the lack of 3D Touch might be a deal breaker although I'm not sure what 'haptic touch' will offer.
3D touch is overrated, and only a handful of people use it.

juBa

Apparently Apple is going to release software updates in the coming months to make the haptic touch similar to the 3D Touch shortcuts. How similar they’ll be... we’ll have to see.