iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR, Apple Event 12 September 2018

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Can’t miss what you don’t have. :)

But I would imagine most of it will be a screen density related thing with the UI not allowing as many complications and what not.
The health and accident (detects falls and auto alerts) is going to be a serious incentive for older people (I have an aunt who would be alive today if she'd had that feature on her watch)

Dave

Honorary Master
The health and accident (detects falls and auto alerts) is going to be a serious incentive for older people (I have an aunt who would be alive today if she'd had that feature on her watch)
I said exactly that, even if the oldie doesn’t use any features other than health and accident it could be a good investment, especially if they’ve got a history of falls or faints.

greg0205

Honorary Master
If you stream a lot of US TV, there are plenty ads for companies who’s entire existence involves creating and selling mobile devices for elderly folk, specifically for assistance after falls.

Those folk best start thinking about their futures first thing in the morning... Apple are going to sell a *ton* of these watches.

Last edited:

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I usually forget to use it, especially on iPhone.

I do use it a bit more on iPad.
Getting the cursor into the middle of a message or mis typed phone number was one thing Samsung did much better than Apple. Until 3D Touch came along.

Dave

Honorary Master
Getting the cursor into the middle of a message or mis typed phone number was one thing Samsung did much better than Apple. Until 3D Touch came along.
Then again, you’re the international globetrotting man of mystery, it has to be XS for you, surely?

Dave

Honorary Master
Watch the share price. Already down. Where's the optimism?
I’m not an expert, but I’m sure I’ve seen it posted previously that it always happens immediately after the launch.

No idea why it happens though (don’t care enough to find out), but it gets jumped on by the Android boys every year iirc.

greg0205

Honorary Master
I’m not an expert, but I’m sure I’ve seen it posted previously that it always happens immediately after the launch.

No idea why it happens though (don’t care enough to find out), but it gets jumped on by the Android boys every year iirc.
Every damn time.

By late tomorrow or Friday stock will be right as rain again.