iPhones VS the rest (lets have some fun!)

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
A lot of action is going on with the imminent arrival of the long awaited and much touted Apple iPhone. Some love it, some hate it - others claim it converted them to the right side of life. Then there are those that are scared off after reading reviews of the iPhone and seeing the list of "future features" which are currently not in the new 3G version.

No matter what side of the camp you are on, or if you are on the fence, the debate rages on and it will do so long after the iPhone arrives in SA. So, in the spirit of mine is better than yours (to be?) lets have benchmark and debate the world against the iPhone.

For starters
Code:
[table]
[tr]
[td][B]Feature[/B][/td]
[td][B]N82[/B][/td]
[td][B]iPhone[/B][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Form factor[/td]
[td]Candybar[/td]
[td]Tablet[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Operating System[/td]
[td]Symbian OS 9.2, S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 (pre-emptive multitasking and memory protection)[/td]
[td]iPhone OS 2.0.1 (Build 5B108)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]GSM frequencies[/td]
[td]850/900/1800/1900 MHz[/td]
[td]850/900/1800/1900 MHz[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]GPRS[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]EDGE (EGPRS)[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3G[/td]
[td]Yes (with HSDPA)[/td]
[td]Yes (with HSDPA)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Screen[/td]
[td]240x320 pixels, diagonal 2.4", 16.7 million colors, auto-rotate[/td]
[td]480×320 pixels, diagonal 3.5”, auto-rotate[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]CPU[/td]
[td]Texas Instruments OMAP 2420, Dual CPU, ARM 11, 332 MHz[/td]
[td]620 MHz ARM 11 underclocked to 412 MHz[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Graphics[/td]
[td]3D Graphics HW Accelerator (OpenGL ES 1.1)[/td]
[td]PowerVR MBX 3D[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Internal Dynamic Memory (RAM)[/td]
[td]128 MB[/td]
[td]128MB[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Internal Flash Memory[/td]
[td]100 MB[/td]
[td]16 GB[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Camera[/td]
[td]5 megapixel camera with real (xenon) flash, Carl Zeiss Optics: Tessar lens; Secondary (front) camera: CIF (352 x 288 pixels) sensor for video telephony, self-portrait photography or video recording.[/td]
[td]2.0 megapixel pinhole with no lens protection[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Video recording[/td]
[td]Yes, MPEG-4 VGA (640x480), 30 fps[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Multimedia Messaging[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Video calls[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Push to talk[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Java support[/td]
[td]Yes, Java MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Memory card slot[/td]
[td]Yes, microSD (up to 2 GB) and SDHC (up to 32 GB, in theory).[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Bluetooth[/td]
[td]Yes, 2.0 with A2DP[/td]
[td]Yes neutered version[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Wi-Fi[/td]
[td]Yes, WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)[/td]
[td]Yes, WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Infrared[/td]
[td]No[/td]
[td]No[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Data cable support[/td]
[td]Yes,USB 2.0 via micro-USB interface with USB mass storage device class support[/td]
[td]USB via docking station, FireWire also possible. No mass storage mode[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Browser[/td]
[td]Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; u; Series60/3.1 NokiaN82/20.0.062; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 UP.Link/6.5.0.0.0[/td]
[td]Safari[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Email[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]Yes (resizes photos to 800x600)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Music player[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]iPod[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Radio[/td]
[td]Yes, Stereo FM Radio with Visual Radio support. Note that in order to use the radio, headphones or a headset need to be connected to the device.[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Video playback formats[/td]
[td]MPEG4, RealVideo, with OMA DRM 2.0/1.0 & WMDRM support[/td]
[td]MPEG4[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Audio playback formats[/td]
[td]MP3/AAC/eAAC/eAAC+/WMA/M4A with playlists, with OMA DRM 2.0/1.0 & WMDRM support[/td]
[td]iTunes stuff only[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Integrated speakers[/td]
[td]Yes, stereo[/td]
[td]Yes, mono[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]TV out[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]HF speakerphone[/td]
[td]Yes, with 3.5 mm audio jack and A2DP wireless stereo headphone support[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Battery[/td]
[td]Nokia Battery (BP-6MT) 1050mAh[/td]
[td]Built in Li-po[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Talk time[/td]
[td]up to 190 min on 3G, up to 260 min 2G[/td]
[td]*a lot more than the nokia[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Standby time[/td]
[td]up to 210 hours (WCDMA), up to 225 hours (GSM)[/td]
[td]300 hours[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Weight[/td]
[td]114 g[/td]
[td]133 g[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Dimensions[/td]
[td]112 x 50.2 x 17.3 mm[/td]
[td]116 x 62 x 12[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Navigation[/td]
[td]Integrated GPS, A-GPS[/td]
[td]A-GPS only[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
C'mon - this is only technology. A tool. A means.
It's not a religious war. Those who wish to make it so have already made their decision and no amount of 'debate' or 'persuasion' will change their minds.

icyrus

Executive Member
You pretty obsessed for a person who hates Apple and doesn't want an iPhone.

Seek help from a professional mental health expert.

Rendier

Expert Member
Your sad...

You really are obsessed with the iPhone... perhaps you secretly want one but can't afford one and now you hate all the ppl who can and even apple themselves for making it above your price range...

Get a life bro...

Seriously

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Well posted. Don't let the Macheads get to you! This isn't SPAM, its informative.
I' m getting neither, but if available will procure an ordinary mobile from Sharp.

Last edited:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
This thread is going to go for ever....

Only because instead of either adding constructive body to the discussion OR ignoring it all together some people just have to make it public they don't like me cause I am an apple eater.

Well if that makes them happy - I'm sure it makes for good entertainment and also shows us a bit more about their character :rolleyes:

oooo - burn...

fivelza

Expert Member
Please fix your OP, it shows a huge amount of blank space before the table when viewed in Firefox.

eitai2001

Expert Member
The only things I like about iPhone is the multi-touch and metalic casing ... but mainly the multi-touch ... why can't other manufacturers do this ... anyone else + multitouch = iPhone killer. I'm happy with my HTC ... I even found some app that gives you a similar interface to the iPhone ... why you ask ... its just easier to access apps ... but its a teeny bit irritating to use on the HTC. I wanted the iPhone until I saw the features it wasn't going to have ... so HTC fits my needs.

IMO there is nothing special about the iPhone besides the multi-touch and it looks nice and its a fashion statement... but then again, there is nothing special about about D&G shirts compared to most other shirts except the label...

Each to their own.

Either way, I don't see this as SPAM ... it lists the features, and it isn't an advert ... its informative to people who don't know GSM Arena or local only bandwidth.

Rendier

Expert Member
Only because instead of either adding constructive body to the discussion OR ignoring it all together some people just have to make it public they don't like me cause I am an apple eater.

Well if that makes them happy - I'm sure it makes for good entertainment and also shows us a bit more about their character :rolleyes:

oooo - burn...

Constructive?

You are the one bashing the damn phone so much... All your posts revolve somehow on how apple sucks either because of this or because of that.

Please don't play the character card. You sir show your character by trying to change ppl's opinion. That is called Narcissistic... the whole world doesn't revolve around what you say... DEAL WITH IT.

Whether the iPhone really sucks balls or not is beyond what you are doing now. You CLEARLY demonstrate that the iPhone is getting to you. Which in turns mean that it's got control over you.

So well done. Apple is controlling you. You are actually giving the phone so much publicity it's scary. There is no BAD publicity. You saying this and that about it will make ppl go check it out and then they might find something they like about the phone and actually buy it....THANKS TO YOU.

FFS, just deal with the fact that ppl will buy the iPhone in SA at record amounts....and THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

Last edited:

d0b33

Honorary Master
So well done. Apple is controlling you. You are actually giving the phone so much publicity it's scary. There is no BAD publicity. You saying this and that about it will make ppl go check it out and then they might find something they like about the phone and actually buy it....THANKS TO YOU.

QFT lol :D