iPhones VS the rest (lets have some fun!)

eitai2001

Expert Member
Constructive?

You are the one bashing the damn phone so much... All your posts revolve somehow on how apple sucks either because of this or because of that.

Please don't play the character card. You sir show your character by trying to change ppl's opinion. That is called Narcissistic... the whole world doesn't revolve around what you say... DEAL WITH IT.

Whether the iPhone really sucks balls or not is beyond what you are doing now. You CLEARLY demonstrate that the iPhone is getting to you. Which in turns mean that it's got control over you.

So well done. Apple is controlling you. You are actually giving the phone so much publicity it's scary. There is no BAD publicity. You saying this and that about it will make ppl go check it out and then they might find something they like about the phone and actually buy it....THANKS TO YOU.

FFS, just deal with the fact that ppl will buy the iPhone in SA at record amounts....and THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

Howzit Rendier ... I'm quite neutral to this whole iPhone thing, but I thought I should bring something funny up ;) ... Don't take this personally, just pointing out some hypocracy :) ... This is your thread, but I've changed the reference to the iPhones ... so it doesn't make 100% sense as I haven't changed anything else, but you get the point.

You are the one bashing the damn “Rouxenator” so much... All your posts revolve somehow on how “Rouxenator” sucks either because of this or because of that.

Please don't play the character card. You sir show your character by trying to change ppl's (“Rouxenator’s”) opinion. That is called Narcissistic... the whole world doesn't revolve around what you say... DEAL WITH IT.

Whether the “Rouxenator” really sucks balls or not is beyond what you are doing now. You CLEARLY demonstrate that the “Rouxenator” is getting to you. Which in turns mean that it's got control over you.

So well done. “Rouxenator” is controlling you. You are actually giving the “Rouxenator” so much publicity it's scary. There is no BAD publicity. You saying this and that about it will make ppl go check it out and then they might find something they like about the “Rouxenator” and actually buy it (Edit: Hopefully not :p)....THANKS TO YOU.

FFS, just deal with the fact that ppl will buy the “Rouxenator” in SA at record amounts (Ok, this line with Rouxenator in it makes no sense, but you get the idea ;) )....and THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

Devill

Damned

There you have it: the most objective comparison of two cellphones ever made. I think I'll take the rest of the afternoon off and copy and paste text on my cellphone because I can.

I almost spit coffee over my screen when I read that :D:D

Constructive?

You are the one bashing the damn phone so much... All your posts revolve somehow on how apple sucks either because of this or because of that.

Please don't play the character card. You sir show your character by trying to change ppl's opinion. That is called Narcissistic... the whole world doesn't revolve around what you say... DEAL WITH IT.

O NO!!! He is trying to change my opinion?!?! The nerve :mad:

Ps. It is called debate, and we humans have been doingit for a very long time :)

Last edited:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Constructive?

Yes - as in keep it factual and not personal. I know it can be hard for some, but that is not my problem. If you cannot see the debate beyond the topic and keep on staring blindly into the person that made the post then you are not being objective at all. Rather keep quiet then.

If I really was trying to make the world go around me and my views I would be nowhere near this board right now. Instead I am trying to have a meaningful, factual debate but NONE of the post so far in this thread has done ANY factual comparing - instead it either laughs or tries to blast my credibility in the hope that people somehow forget the topic at hand.

Nice try fanbois :p But I can see the forest for the trees.

Keeper

Honorary Master
I'm not a fanboi, never owned an apple product in my life!

the iPhone sure rocks though....

ok, you said factual - but you left out a few other features that the iPhone has...

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
OK - this one is semi-off the topic but it still highlights the iPhone vs ....something fun ?

Some say that if it generates enough hype it will end up on that show, and that if the Stig had an iPhone we would also turn it into iDust. All we know its called Blendtec : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxq90xmYUs

eitai2001

Expert Member
Yes - as in keep it factual and not personal. I know it can be hard for some, but that is not my problem. If you cannot see the debate beyond the topic and keep on staring blindly into the person that made the post then you are not being objective at all. Rather keep quiet then.

If I really was trying to make the world go around me and my views I would be nowhere near this board right now. Instead I am trying to have a meaningful, factual debate but NONE of the post so far in this thread has done ANY factual comparing - instead it either laughs or tries to blast my credibility in the hope that people somehow forget the topic at hand.

Nice try fanbois :p But I can see the forest for the trees.

Don't worry about it ... Rendier is just being hypocrytical :p ... he just wants us to follow his opinion about you. Still think you should edit your post though to remove that huge giant space ... its a bit irritating :p

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I'm not a fanboi, never owned an apple product in my life!

the iPhone sure rocks though....

ok, you said factual - but you left out a few other features that the iPhone has...

I thought I might so please discuss them here - chances are that the other phones will not have them as I do agree apple does innovation quite nicely. That the point of this post actually, for people to compare the iPhone (should they want to, else just pipe down).

Thanks again for bringing that up, Keeper.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Don't worry about it ... Rendier is just being hypocrytical :p ... he just wants us to follow his opinion about you. Still think you should edit your post though to remove that huge giant space ... its a bit irritating :p

I wish I could - I read up on vbcode and it seems to be according to the book? Anyways - for those that still don't believe it - there you have it - I, Rouxenator, does not know everything after all ;)

Code:
A lot of action is going on with the imminent arrival of the long awaited and much touted Apple iPhone. Some love it, some hate it - others claim it converted them to the right side of life. Then there are those that are scared off after reading reviews of the iPhone and seeing the list of "future features" which are currently not in the new 3G version.

No matter what side of the camp you are on, or if you are on the fence, the debate rages on and it will do so long after the iPhone arrives in SA. So, in the spirit of mine is better than yours (to be?) lets have benchmark and debate the world against the iPhone.

For starters
[table]
[tr]
[td][B]Feature[/B][/td]
[td][B]N82[/B][/td]
[td][B]iPhone[/B][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Form factor[/td]
[td]Candybar[/td]
[td]Tablet[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Operating System[/td]
[td]Symbian OS 9.2, S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 (pre-emptive multitasking and memory protection)[/td]
[td]iPhone OS 2.0.1 (Build 5B108)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]GSM frequencies[/td]
[td]850/900/1800/1900 MHz[/td]
[td]850/900/1800/1900 MHz[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]GPRS[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]EDGE (EGPRS)[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3G[/td]
[td]Yes (with HSDPA)[/td]
[td]Yes (with HSDPA)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Screen[/td]
[td]240x320 pixels, diagonal 2.4", 16.7 million colors, auto-rotate[/td]
[td]480×320 pixels, diagonal 3.5”, auto-rotate[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]CPU[/td]
[td]Texas Instruments OMAP 2420, Dual CPU, ARM 11, 332 MHz[/td]
[td]620 MHz ARM 11 underclocked to 412 MHz[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Graphics[/td]
[td]3D Graphics HW Accelerator (OpenGL ES 1.1)[/td]
[td]PowerVR MBX 3D[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Internal Dynamic Memory (RAM)[/td]
[td]128 MB[/td]
[td]128MB[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Internal Flash Memory[/td]
[td]100 MB[/td]
[td]16 GB[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Camera[/td]
[td]5 megapixel camera with real (xenon) flash, Carl Zeiss Optics: Tessar lens; Secondary (front) camera: CIF (352 x 288 pixels) sensor for video telephony, self-portrait photography or video recording.[/td]
[td]2.0 megapixel pinhole with no lens protection[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Video recording[/td]
[td]Yes, MPEG-4 VGA (640x480), 30 fps[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Multimedia Messaging[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Video calls[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Push to talk[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Java support[/td]
[td]Yes, Java MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Memory card slot[/td]
[td]Yes, microSD (up to 2 GB) and SDHC (up to 32 GB, in theory).[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Bluetooth[/td]
[td]Yes, 2.0 with A2DP[/td]
[td]Yes neutered version[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Wi-Fi[/td]
[td]Yes, WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)[/td]
[td]Yes, WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Infrared[/td]
[td]No[/td]
[td]No[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Data cable support[/td]
[td]Yes,USB 2.0 via micro-USB interface with USB mass storage device class support[/td]
[td]USB via docking station, FireWire also possible. No mass storage mode[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Browser[/td]
[td]Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; u; Series60/3.1 NokiaN82/20.0.062; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 UP.Link/6.5.0.0.0[/td]
[td]Safari[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Email[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]Yes (resizes photos to 800x600)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Music player[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]iPod[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Radio[/td]
[td]Yes, Stereo FM Radio with Visual Radio support. Note that in order to use the radio, headphones or a headset need to be connected to the device.[/td]
[td]no[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Video playback formats[/td]
[td]MPEG4, RealVideo, with OMA DRM 2.0/1.0 & WMDRM support[/td]
[td]MPEG4[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Audio playback formats[/td]
[td]MP3/AAC/eAAC/eAAC+/WMA/M4A with playlists, with OMA DRM 2.0/1.0 & WMDRM support[/td]
[td]iTunes stuff only[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Integrated speakers[/td]
[td]Yes, stereo[/td]
[td]Yes, mono[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]TV out[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]HF speakerphone[/td]
[td]Yes, with 3.5 mm audio jack and A2DP wireless stereo headphone support[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Battery[/td]
[td]Nokia Battery (BP-6MT) 1050mAh[/td]
[td]Built in Li-po[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Talk time[/td]
[td]up to 190 min on 3G, up to 260 min 2G[/td]
[td]*a lot more than the nokia[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Standby time[/td]
[td]up to 210 hours (WCDMA), up to 225 hours (GSM)[/td]
[td]300 hours[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Weight[/td]
[td]114 g[/td]
[td]133 g[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Dimensions[/td]
[td]112 x 50.2 x 17.3 mm[/td]
[td]116 x 62 x 12[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Navigation[/td]
[td]Integrated GPS, A-GPS[/td]
[td]A-GPS only[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Devill

Damned

Yes please go edit your opening post and remove the half-a-blank-page :)

Here is the Iphone:
http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/cellular/1553/appleiphone3g/

Here is the Samsung F700
http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/cellular/937/samsungf700/

I have the F700 and its perfectly fine for me. It is suppose to content with the Iphone and I don't think it does to badly, but I can not wait for the upgrade on it. :D

icyrus

Executive Member
Ps. It is called debate, and we humans have been doingit for a very long time

This is not a debate, more like an obsession for Rouxenator. Consider that more than half his posts (more like 80%+) on this forum have been about the iPhone, despite him never actually using it, and most of them have just been regurgitated info that any interested party could have found with a 5 second google. So what exactly is he adding? And of course there is the labeling of anyone who disagrees with him as an Apple fanboy...

There is no debate here. He already has his mind made up and is not looking for constructive discussion on the matter, he'd much rather just push his agenda and annoy everyone who is tired of hearing it.

Last edited:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
This is not a debate, more like an obsession for Rouxenator. Consider that more than half his posts (more like 80%+) on this forum have been about the iPhone, despite him never actually using it, and most of them have just been regurgitated info that any interested party could have found with a 5 second google. So what exactly is he adding? And of course there is the labeling of anyone who disagrees with him as an Apple fanboy...

There is no debate here. He already has his mind made up and is not looking for constructive discussion on the matter, he'd much rather just push his agenda and annoy everyone who is tired of hearing it.

What did I say about being personal again ? Do you want me to start getting personal sonny ? :eek:

JK8

Banned
N82 is nothing special imo, running a slow OS hampers the phone, the features look good on paper and its a decent phone, but still boring compared to the iPhone, I doubt youve used the iPhone, it has some good features and is the number one gadget out there!
N82 yawn... been there done that, N81, N95, N82 all the same old boring phones...

icyrus

Executive Member
What did I say about being personal again ? Do you want me to start getting personal sonny ? :eek:

I really don't care what you have to say. The facts as they are stand on their own, with or without your approval.

Your only activity on this forum has been to bash the iPhone. What could that mean? :rolleyes:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Your only activity on this forum has been to bash the iPhone. What could that mean? :rolleyes:

You can't get off that personal train now can you ? Sure - I post almost only about the iPhone. I'm one track minded. Happy ? :)

Devill

Damned

Then be a big boy and don't read it...

Last edited:

d0b33

Honorary Master
Honestly this is ridiculous...

I have the iPhone, I'm not an Apple fanboy(I'm happy to criticize Apple, for one I am disappointed with the macbook I own) the reason I own one is because it's the only phone that appealed to me.
Why?...
On my previous phone I never used MMS, Radio or any of the other features, I'm a basic user which means all I want to do is SMS, check email, make/receive calls and listen to music, the iPhone does this perfectly and the GUI just sold it for me even more.

If some other manufacturer came out with a phone that appealed to me the same way I would buy that.

End

Last edited:

eitai2001

Expert Member
I really don't care what you have to say. The facts as they are stand on their own, with or without your approval.

He has only started 2 threads on the iPhone and has kept to his opinion in the other 2 iPhone threads he replied in. I don't see the problem.

He has also commented on the Sony Ericsson C902 vs Nokia N82.

All I gather from this is the guy enjoys reading up on cellphones and telling people his opinion. Maybe I missed something, but I never once saw him bashing anybody or forcing his opinion on someone, aside from calling some people Apple Fanboi's.

He is having personal attacks on him / his character unnecessarily?

I for one was amused by the feature comparison he posted as the iPhone was lacking so many necessary features and I thought it was funny that it is regarded so highly. Granted he may have left out some features, but he included the important ones.

If you are bashing him for this ... then I hope in your 4300 posts you have not said you do or don't like something. Chances are you have, and probably more than once or twice too.

I am not a Nokia fanboi, nor an Apple Fanboi ... I like a cellphone that does what I need it to do. I also do not know Rouxenator nore have I seen his posts before.

Keeper

Honorary Master
why would you need mms when the phone supports push e-mail?

mms is limited, e-mail isn't.