iPhones VS the rest (lets have some fun!)

Keeper

Honorary Master
I don't think this thread was based on assumption, or the use of a clone, but rather the comparison between 2 or more handsets - factually.

nah bru, i'm just pointing out why he has such a hate for apple...

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
nah bru, i'm just pointing out why he has such a hate for apple...

I liked that fake apple a lot I have to admit. It is the closest I will ever come to anything fruity ;)

No, my hate for apple started back 10 years ago. But - that is not the point here. My hate for apple is personal and not something to discuss here - lets stick to meaningful debate and sound logic.

Keeper

Honorary Master
but i thought it the title says "let's have some fun!"

this thread is way below a meaningful debate from the first page...

lets just all agree to disagree.

eitai2001

Expert Member
Ok ... I agree that my HTC Tytn II whips all your butts, and disagree that the iPhone 3G can whip my Tytn II's butt ;)

eitai2001

Expert Member
ok - so a bugatti stole the idea of tyres, steering wheel and gears,etc,etc,etc,etc from other companies - but as a whole, it's a completely different car.

same with iphone - yes, it used touchscreen from a previouse design, yes, it's not the first phone with mp3's, but as a whole (huge touchscreen with intuitive UI with zooming browser, and not just plays regular mp3's, but has coverflow/etc, and motion sensors that rotates the display as you rotate the screen) it's a unique product, and will be copied for years to come.

No ... Bugatti stole the idea of a performance car from whoever created the first performance car back in the day ... and whoever that was stole the idea from the inventor of the car ;)

Keeper

Honorary Master
It's funny how there is a iPhone Tips/Tricks thread and not a nokia one...

(keep in mind SA doen't even sell iPhones yet)

eitai2001

Expert Member
Thats cause the rest are straight forward and easy ;) ... nah, jus kidding :p ... I don't use this forum for my cellphone tips anyway

Keeper

Honorary Master
Thats cause the rest are straight forward and easy ;) ... nah, jus kidding :p ... I don't use this forum for my cellphone tips anyway

actually it is being kept quite alive because people share links to cool apps and addons that are being released..

don't tell me your new argument is that the iPhone is too difficult for you to use?

eitai2001

Expert Member
Nah ... I'm just trying to figure out what else I can debate about so that I don't have to study ;) ... in all honesty, the closest I've gotten to playing on an iPhone is an iPod touch :p ... but judging by the lacking features atm, I don't really want one. That, and I prefer having a keyboard to running my business on the move.

kris860911

Expert Member
I think the interesting thing is when that dude posted a reply to all the missing features. And mentions the apps you download that do the task...

So, if you download all these apps. (Assuming it doesnt slow down your iPear). Then Your phone DOES actually have these features... Whats the problem?

Keeper

Honorary Master
I think the interesting thing is when that dude posted a reply to all the missing features. And mentions the apps you download that do the task...

So, if you download all these apps. (Assuming it doesnt slow down your iPear). Then Your phone DOES actually have these features... Whats the problem?

atleast you can download an app to make the iphone have video features or whatever it needs...

unfortunatly you can't download a bigger screen, touchscreen, 16GB memory or motion sensor/etc on your nokia.

Ou grote

Honorary Master
FFS, this still going on...

If u don't have money for an iPhone then just quit whingeing.

Keeper

Honorary Master
Problem is that they aren't already on there ... and the keyboard is on a screen ;)

you aren't gonna like the future of pc's then, because microsoft is working on a touch screen OS...

good luck with the future man

d0b33

Honorary Master
Keep in mind that the iPhone can't run java (so mxit is out)

Not necessarily, somebody(can't remember who) emailed mxit about iPhone support and they replied saying they are working on one, truth be told the iphone market is a potentially bigger one because of the Appstore, if it was released internationally through the appstore that would equal a few million potential iPhone users instantly.

Rendier

Expert Member
Do you not think that it is better to draw your own conclussions based on the findings? Or even better - present the facts and your conclusion in public where others can differ from it and give you a wider perspective on things? That is what forums are for , right ?

Also, as the article on Wikipedia says - there is no clear definition on what a smartphone is - so on that thread it is open for discussion whether the participant thinks the iphone is indeed a smartphone taking into account the findings of the GSM Arena review.

Personal attacks, power-play, name calling and other such posts just adds noise. (like iHype I guess :D)

The problem with the above statement is in fact that you don't think your wrong and will even pull wiki (pathetic) sources to prove your point.

Look I really don't care that you hate apple. The fact is that your views are skewed on it because you don't know what you are talking about. Most of the things you mentioned about it not having is fixed with a simple app.

I get it. You are a know it all. You think you have a masters in everything and the cocky attitude is getting you nowhere.

Instead of arguing my facts you say your not going to get involved in name calling... please bro, that's the first thing someone says when they have been stumped.

All im asking is for YOU to look at the facts. Nokia is awesome but you tend to forget that they have been in the industry for YEARS. To launch the iphone as apple's first attempt and then kill the market with it is amazing...you surely can see that. If you can't then I won't comment anymore because clearly then you are not open for intellectual discussion.

limnos

Expert Member
FFS, this still going on...

If u don't have money for an iPhone then just quit whingeing.

lol... Couldn't believe 116 posts myself! If you ask me this is quite a pathetic discussion and isn't getting anywhere. So let's just end it - Nokia boys to there Nokia's and us 'apple fanbois' to our iPhones... :D

eitai2001

Expert Member
you aren't gonna like the future of pc's then, because microsoft is working on a touch screen OS...

good luck with the future man

I probably won't ... I like to use something with buttons like a keyboard so that I can type without looking at what I'm doing ... but even if there is a touch screen microsoft, they won't do away with a keyboard ... I can't see many people sacrificing half their screen for a digital keyboard, and I can't see people writing on the screen either, well not many anyway. I for one type much faster than I write. And if Microsoft can read my hand writing, big ups to them :p ... I have seen the vid of the Microsoft Coffee table, and that looks pretty cool ... and thats probably the way the touch screen aspect will work in the new OS.
Don't get me wrong, I like touch screens, I just don't like typing on a touch screen.

eitai2001

Expert Member
Ok gramps ;)

He he ... I'm only 21 :p ... I just don't like the idea of typing a flat service ... draw a keyboard on your desk and type it ... see how it feels ... I've used that laser keyboard thing, and its crappy