IPV4 Database - Please Suggest! Thanks

turbotaker

Good morning great People,

Does anyone know where we can find official source of IPV4 Database based on countries?

I am looking for such database on regular basis and updates.

Especially for South African IP Prefixes.

Its easy to find ASN number, but not the IPV4 based on South Africa only.

Looking forward to know something that you know and I don't know. There's alot to know :D

Regards,
TT

turbotaker

Hi Nod,

Thanks for this info.

This is a option but as you mentioned "Free - its not accurate" there's risk of Foriegn IPs inside it as well.
Paid is very expensive.

i.e. free database has got Alkami IP Addresses "2.21.98.44/30" which is based in EU, but comes up with country ID of South Africa.

Though Alkami would be using it for SA but this defys the purpose.

I have strong feeling that onf of the Internet Exchange should be providing this information either free or at affordable cost.

Lets see if someone knows more about this.

Last edited:

turbotaker

You'll find the accuracy of most geoip tables are pretty inaccurate, especially AFRINIC who hands out IPs to anyone with $4 and a Seychelles shell company.

lol, this would be laughable subject if Afrinic is putting these IPs as ZA. Hope they don't.

turbotaker

Its pretty clear, its inspired by ESKOM. :D

thanks for the thread.

Lets wait for suggestions for the subject for the thread.

I am getting on Edge as soon as this subject is coming in my mind, I am struggling to find official source of IP address database.

I hope someone can recommend that we can use.

Or probably, we should create a company to do above job I guess :D Who is interested?

JayM

Expert Member
If it's for a website, just put it through Cloudflare and reference the CF-IPCountry header. Otherwise the paid Maxmind is also >99.99% accurate (based on my experience of 5 years+ use across 30 different countries).

turbotaker

If it's for a website, just put it through Cloudflare and reference the CF-IPCountry header. Otherwise the paid Maxmind is also >99.99% accurate (based on my experience of 5 years+ use across 30 different countries).

That's Great suggestion, thanks. Unfortunately, dealing with non-website servers. Its Softswitch.

turbotaker

Hi IPinfo, tried. Price is not reasonable, but Ridiculous.

For monthly updates, the price is USD$1k/month (or if paid annually, USD$10k/year - discounted 2 months). For weekly, it will be USD$1.5k/month (or USD$15k/year).

Practically, its no no.