Iran ‘puts the screws’ on MTN

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Iran ‘puts the screws’ on MTN

MTN is facing a storm over claims that it helped the Iranian government to spy on local subscribers and assisted the regime in its brutal crackdown on protesters in 2009 and 2010

marine1

Honorary Master
There is no doubt in my mind that this happened. Why is anyone even surprised? Another corrupt company from SA making dodgy deals with dodgy regimes.

inferno

Doesnt this happen in America every day? The CIA, FBI and NIA have servers which log all SMS's, emails and phone calls made in order to catch "terrorists".

Seems very hypocritical to me.

dabbler

Expert Member
Doesnt this happen in America every day? The CIA, FBI and NIA have servers which log all SMS's, emails and phone calls made in order to catch "terrorists".

Seems very hypocritical to me.
Why else do you think phones/sims are RICA'd?

wily me

Expert Member
There is no doubt in my mind that this happened. Why is anyone even surprised? Another corrupt company from SA making dodgy deals with dodgy regimes.
They just play along with the dodgy ANC regime, what can we expect from a bunch of ex terrorists?

lexis

Remember those "you are now subscribed to MM's songs" and your money goes down without you being able to cancel the service you didn't subscribe to in the first place? And MTN ignores your e-mails? And you never get a refund?

Being at the receiving end I can't say that I feel any sympathy for them. At most I watch with great interest...:twisted:

Last edited: