"Iran Has No Nuclear Weapons Program"

LoneGunman

Expert Member
I guess the people on this forum who argued, whined and yelled about how Iran DID have nukes, or were working towards getting them, and suggested that they should be attacked for it, must be feeling pretty stupid, if not downright accidentally fascist, round about now..

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/bulletin/bulletin_071205.htm

link to pdf of report:
http://www.dni.gov/press_releases/20071203_release.pdf

"WASHINGTON NEWS
Bush On The Defensive Over New Iran Intel

One day after the release of a National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) that concludes Iran does not currently have a nuclear weapons program, President Bush held a press conference in which he urged key allies to maintain the current pressure on the Islamic Republic. In fact, the AP reports, Bush said the new intel "contradicting earlier US assessments...would not prompt him to take off the table the possibility of pre-emptive military action against Iran."

Media accounts of the press conference are almost universally negative toward the President. ABC World News, for example, said last night Bush "was instantly and consistently defensive." NBC Nightly News prefaced its report saying, "The 'Washington Post' is running an analysis story on the internet for tomorrow's paper with the headline, 'Neck Snapping Spin' from the President. They're talking about the President's news conference today." (The piece NBC referred to was in fact an online opinion piece not intended for the newspapers' print edition by Dan Froomkin.) NBC also reported Bush was "a president on the defensive."

Print media outlets also suggest the new intel findings and Bush's reaction to them raise questions about the President's "credibility." So much so, says the Capitol Hill newspaper The Hill, that "several" Democrats "said that Congress should investigate the discrepancy between the Bush administration's recent doomsday rhetoric on Iran and the NIE's judgments."

McClatchy says the NIE "has dealt another blow to Bush's credibility -- which already was low over his false claims about illicit weapons in Iraq -- because he was aware of the findings when he warned on Oct. 17 that Iran's quest for nuclear weapons could ignite World War III." USA Today also notes that it was the President's first press conference "since warning in October that a nuclear Iran could lead to 'World War III.'" The President also "said he learned in August that there was new information on Iran's nuclear program that needed to be analyzed. He said he did not see the specific findings until last week." In similar reporting, the New York Times says Bush "opened himself to new criticism over his credibility."

The Chicago Tribune's Mark Silva also says this morning there are "new questions" about Bush's "credibility on...security issues." In her New York Times column, Maureen Dowd mentions that during the news conference yesterday, Silva told the President , "I can't help but read your body language this morning, Mr. President. ... You seem somehow dispirited, somewhat dispirited." Bush is said to have replied, "This is like, all of a sudden, it's like Psychology 101, you know?"...

Alan

Honorary Master
*sigh*

The posse are wetting themselves with glee. This has been covered before
here.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=96338

Some interesting posts from the thread.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost.php?p=1366082&postcount=5

Hold on...why then did the UN Nuclear Watchdog claim that Iran could build an atom bomb within a year
and the pick of the bunch

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost.php?p=1366202&postcount=23

Its like some people here, "will never trust anything from america", except when its a report in their favour, like the one that started this thread.
I guess using their logic, if the americans are saying that Iran is not developing WMD`s, then they just have to be right!?? Cause its an american report that people are debating about here. Darn hypocrites! Out I say! Out!

The dedication and persistence in favour of the current mass mudering fanatic despot of choice as always is admirable. Who knows you might get away with saving his bacon unlike your desperate attempts to help out poor Saddam :eek:

GougedEye

Expert Member
The point dear alan, is that Bush has once again been caught lying in order to get support for military action. Now you may feel that we need to bomb Iran back to the stoneage because they are different or you don't like them or they smell funny or something. Most of us require some sort of evidence an actual threat. This new report, directly contradicts what bush is telling us. In October he painted a picture of WWIII and "Nuclear Holocaust" if Iran is not stopped from trying to develop a nuclear weapon, which it turns out they aren't.

No doubt you, like bush, will demand that they ban the sale of medicine and food to Iran like they did in Iraq. Then if the US invades, you can say it was a humanitarian act to save the children, like you do whenever debate turns to all the lies bush told about that little excursion.

If bush is so intent on saving the world from nuclear holocaust, why is he not worried about, or at least very silent about North Korea who has admitted to having a nuclear weapons program, has detonated a (pathetic) nuclear bomb and is run by a megalomanic dictator (unlike Iran's Democracy)?

The dedication and persistence in favour of the current mass mudering fanatic despot of choice as always is admirable. Who knows you might get away with saving his bacon unlike your desperate attempts to help out poor Saddam :eek:
wow, your ability to repeat the same nonesense over and over again iis amazing. Yes we get it. If someone doesn't support George Bush he automatically aupport Hitler, Saddam, Stalin, Mugabe, Satan and Xenu. Logic, truth etc be damned. You have screeched the same nonesense a thousand time here already.

chiskop

Executive Member
...And then there's alan's other report - "You're anti-American". :D

I have American relatives, American friends, American business colleagues, an American car, American cellphone, American appliances in my house, I read American books, listen to American music, watch American movies, use American software, eat American fast food, drink American cooldrinks and so on and so on.

Yet I disagree with American belligerence, and that makes me anti-American?

You're an idiot alan.

Xarog

Honorary Master
Hold on...why then did the UN Nuclear Watchdog claim that Iran could build an atom bomb within a year
Nice sleazeball attempt to actually misrepresent what the UN said. The UN said that the Iranians could potentially have enough enriched uranium to build a bomb within a year.

It says nothing about the other needed expertise to create a bomb, and it certainly doesn't make mention of the fact that the capability is available to any country producing uranium for use in nuclear power plants.

chiskop said:
You're a[-]n idiot[/-] minion alan.
Corrected it for you.

icyrus

Executive Member
There is a valid point behind the nonsense though: why would people who always doubt American intelligence agencies all of a sudden believe this report?

Xarog

Honorary Master
There is a valid point behind the nonsense though: why would people who always doubt American intelligence agencies all of a sudden believe this report?
I'm not sure anyone ever doubted the intelligence agencies, but rather doubted the "evidence" that the US govt. presented to the rest of the world.

And the question here is, what would be the motive to lie? Bush and Co. are definitely pro invasion, and thus lying about intelligence to support their desires seems reasonable. But what plausable reason would there be for the US to make false reports claiming the opposite?

GougedEye

Expert Member
Put it this way. Why do we think that Iran is attempting to build a nuclear weapon? Because the US president tells us so. Why? Well we don't know. His own intelligence services say that they are not. So where exactly is he getting his info from? We can't assume that Iraq is building nuclear weapons just because theoretically they could be although the evidence we have say something different. Especially when we are talking about getting into another war over it.

Going to war is a serious business. A democracy should demand proof of the necessity from it's leaders before giving the go ahead. If there is sufficient proof, and the threat is serious, and no better options exist, then by all means, go for it. But to have a president trying to make a case for war through lying? Especially after he has done it before? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Oh and both the US and UK intelligence services were unhappy with the Iraq invasion. Felt there was insufficient evidence of any credible WMD programme. But the politicians overuled them.

Last edited:

GougedEye

Expert Member
...And then there's alan's other report - "You're anti-American". :D

I have American relatives, American friends, American business colleagues, an American car, American cellphone, American appliances in my house, I read American books, listen to American music, watch American movies, use American software, eat American fast food, drink American cooldrinks and so on and so on.

I have American family. If you think I'm anti-bush you should hear them.

trek_mambo

I mentioned this in another thread on the same topic. Iran was the target for years, no wonder they invaded Afghanistan first and then Iraq... If you know your world map then you should realize that these countries basically surround Iran. This means that America has prepared for this for years as they can now easily attack Iran from the East and the West and the North And the South. The are screwed four ways from the home land.

We must be very wiery of another forth coming 9/11, they need another reason to invade. It will happen soon because Guilliani has to take the presidency and Bush has to cement his legacy.

Guilliani = Evil
Bush family = Super Evil
Rockerfeller family = Lucifer
Media = The Smoke Screen
Christian fundamentalists = Confused
US citizens = Silenced and Brain Washed
Alanf85 = Child of the Revolution ( he deliberately provokes us so that we can spread the message that he doesn't have the balls to post on - He hates Bush too!)

icyrus

Executive Member
I'm not sure anyone ever doubted the intelligence agencies, but rather doubted the "evidence" that the US govt. presented to the rest of the world.
The point I was trying to make is that if the report had said that Iran was close to making a nuclear weapon than there would have been a lot of people on here dismissing it because of where it came from, but now because it backs up there point of view they don't doubt it for a second.

These are the same type of people who claim that 9/11 was an inside job. Do you see what I am saying?

Alan

Honorary Master
Ah the posie are truly stirred. Oh well I'll jump in the the deep end swarming with moonbats :D

The point dear alan, is that Bush has once again been caught lying in order to get support for military action. Now you may feel that we need to bomb Iran back to the stoneage because they are different or you don't like them or they smell funny or something. Most of us require some sort of evidence an actual threat. This new report, directly contradicts what bush is telling us. In October he painted a picture of WWIII and "Nuclear Holocaust" if Iran is not stopped from trying to develop a nuclear weapon, which it turns out they aren't.
Strange this fascist warmonger suddenly has this report released under his watch. Being a fascist and all one would have thought he have had tight control over it. Strange how this never happened before the Iraq invasion.

No doubt you, like bush, will demand that they ban the sale of medicine and food to Iran like they did in Iraq. Then if the US invades, you can say it was a humanitarian act to save the children, like you do whenever debate turns to all the lies bush told about that little excursion.
Actually strangling a population slowly to death out of sight and out of mind is your forte :sick:

If bush is so intent on saving the world from nuclear holocaust, why is he not worried about, or at least very silent about North Korea who has admitted to having a nuclear weapons program, has detonated a (pathetic) nuclear bomb and is run by a megalomanic dictator (unlike Iran's Democracy)?
Bwhahahah Iran democracy :D oh man what a classic.

wow, your ability to repeat the same nonesense over and over again iis amazing. Yes we get it. If someone doesn't support George Bush he automatically aupport Hitler, Saddam, Stalin, Mugabe, Satan and Xenu. Logic, truth etc be damned. You have screeched the same nonesense a thousand time here already.
Yeah history does repeat itself unfortunately. That's what happens when you refuse to learn from it.

You're an idiot alan.
Actually it just makes your stance even more idiotic :eek:. After all it's Americans who keep voting in these belligerent warmongers into office.

Bwahahaha it's all down to Bush:eek: This is really getting whacked now.

*sigh*

The advanced stages of Bush/Hitler syndrome *shudder*

And the question here is, what would be the motive to lie? Bush and Co. are definitely pro invasion, and thus lying about intelligence to support their desires seems reasonable. But what plausable reason would there be for the US to make false reports claiming the opposite?
Well then they can't be 'definitely pro invasion' :eek:

Put it this way. Why do we think that Iran is attempting to build a nuclear weapon? Because the US president tells us so. Why? Well we don't know. His own intelligence services say that they are not. So where exactly is he getting his info from? We can't assume that Iraq is building nuclear weapons just because theoretically they could be although the evidence we have say something different. Especially when we are talking about getting into another war over it.
Eh because they're Islamic extremists who want to spread their ideology. Oh wait only evil Americans want to do that.

Yes it's only ever Bush/Hitler. But what then did Sarkosy say :eek: Perhaps he's the next poor chap to turn inexplicable into Bush/Hitler's poodle

Going to war is a serious business. A democracy should demand proof of the necessity from it's leaders before giving the go ahead. If there is sufficient proof, and the threat is serious, and no better options exist, then by all means, go for it. But to have a president trying to make a case for war through lying? Especially after he has done it before? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Yeah you lot have been fooled plenty of times :eek:. Of course anybody arguing for war in your books immediately defaults as a lying warmonger.

Oh and both the US and UK intelligence services were unhappy with the Iraq invasion. Felt there was insufficient evidence of any credible WMD programme. But the politicians overuled them.
LOL that wasn't the only reason for the war. But of course you'll ignore all of the rest. As we've seen in this thread you just pick and choose what you wish.

Last edited:

mercurial

MyBB Legend
guys, i've been trying to get thru to alan on a number of times. it's a pointless and futile task. he will never change his position on george bush and co. he mumbles on and on about nonsense and tries to diffuse all evidence brought to his attention with mumbo-jumbo talk, instead of actually looking at what is being presented and stop talking nonsense.

Last edited:

Alan

Honorary Master
guys, i've been trying to get thru to alan on a number of times. it's a pointless and futile task. he will never change his position on george bush and co.
I would if you dealt in facts and not hysterical delusions :eek:

Frankie

Executive Member
he mumbles on and on about nonsense and tries to diffuse all evidence brought to his attention with mumbo-jumbo talk, instead of actually looking at what is being presented and stop talking nonsense.
So you label it nonsense because it doesn't fit in with your conspiracy theory BS.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
I would if you dealt in facts and not hysterical delusions :eek:
we've presented tons of evidence and you still refute it's authenticity. you are delusional and brainwashed. go post your propaganda elsewhere. thanks.

So you label it nonsense because it doesn't fit in with your conspiracy theory BS.
no, it's because he talks BS and believes all the crap that comes out of george bush's mouth. you people are either brainwashed or blind or stupid or ignorant or all of the above.

Alan

Honorary Master
we've presented tons of evidence and you still refute it's authenticity. you are delusional and brainwashed. go post your propaganda elsewhere. thanks.
LOL so much for Freedom of Speech :eek:

no, it because he talks BS and believes all the crap that comes out of george bush's mouth. you people are either brainwashed or blind or stupid or ignorant or all of the above.
See that's your problem. You have some prerequisite hatred for this guy presumable because he went to war with Iraq and hence you twist facts and delude yourself so you can come to this predetermined decision.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
LOL so much for Freedom of Speech :eek:
freedom of speech is one thing. talking crap is another.

See that's your problem. You have some prerequisite hatred for this guy presumable because he went to war with Iraq and hence you twist facts and delude yourself so you can come to this predetermined decision.
no, i hate the guy cos he lies to the world, kills innocent people and steals their natural resources to stuff his country's pockets. the facts are facts. you deem it delusional cos you like the guy or dislike certain Islamic nations, because of all the propaganda that's being spread thru the media. the fact of the matter is, more and more american's now intensely disbelieve what they were told regarding 9/11 and the wars that followed, as more and more evidence surfaces each and every day, yet you still refute it. how many more lies are you willing to accept, how many more innocent deaths are you willing to accept, before you realise that george bush = saddam? note that you are one of about 6 active people on forum this who actually still believes that crap. the rest of us have brains.

Last edited:

Alan

Honorary Master
freedom of speech is one thing. talking crap is another.
So if you think somebody is talking crap they must be shut up. Better hope Mbeki or in the future Zuma don't think you talk crap.

no, i hate the guy cos he lies to the world, kills innocent people and steals their natural resources to stuff his country's pockets. the facts are facts. you deem it delusional cos you like the guy or dislike certain Islamic nations, because of all the propaganda that's being spread thru the media. the fact of the matter is, more and more american's now intensely disbelieve what they were told regarding 9/11 and the wars that followed, as more and more evidence surfaces each and every day, yet you still refute it. how many more lies are you willing to accept, how many more innocent deaths are you willing to accept, before you realise that george bush = saddam? note that you are one of about 6 active people on forum this who actually still believes that crap. the rest of us have brains.
Yeah you and trek dumbo.

Of course you have no proof but hey you only deal in hysterics anyway :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Xarog

Honorary Master
The point I was trying to make is that if the report had said that Iran was close to making a nuclear weapon than there would have been a lot of people on here dismissing it because of where it came from, but now because it backs up there point of view they don't doubt it for a second.

These are the same type of people who claim that 9/11 was an inside job. Do you see what I am saying?
Honestly, no.

It's like a criminal refusing to fess up to a theft, and a Criminal coming forward to hand himself in over a crime he commited. You expect a criminal to lie about the former, but not the latter.

Similarly, the neocon hawks are expected to lie to make their case for war. They've done it before. Now something comes up which is equivalent to a criminal handing himself in at a police station. The events and their circumstances are dramatically different from each other.