Is a pre-qualification for a bank loan a common thing?

cn@

Expert Member
I planning to buy my first house and I've been advised to get a pre-qualification through a bank originator.

Is this quite common?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I planning to buy my first house and I've been advised to get a pre-qualification through a bank originator.

Is this quite common?

Its purely to see in what price range you can buy (taking into consideration costs).

Example, on R700 000, the costs is R45000 (bond + initiation and transfer costs)

Alot of people planning on buying... but costs play a huge part!

And its more about budgeting (can you afford something)

Tjoker

Expert Member

Is this quite common?
I would suggest shop around for a good Bond Originator...I had two very very bad ones until I found my current one. On the ball and on your side versus the banks. If you in CPT, I can give you his contact details.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
I would suggest shop around for a good Bond Originator...I had two very very bad ones until I found my current one. On the ball and on your side versus the banks. If you in CPT, I can give you his contact details.

send his details please

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
It helps to show sellers that you're a serious buyer, but isn't useful for much else.

The credit checks and whether you qualify based on more detailed criteria only happen once you actually apply for a bond...