Is Afrihost currently down?

I have 3 "lines" connected to the same Openserve ONT at one of my sites. 3 LAN cables coming out of the ONT into 3 separate WAN routers. Each WAN router dials its own PPPoE connection.

- Line 1has been rock solid with no issues at all. Literally zero. No disconnects. No latency or throughput issues. Nada.
- Line 2 has been completely dead since 17:03. Not even waking up for just a few seconds.
- Line 3 has been on and off multiple times... recording bouts of high latency, zero throughput, normal operation at full speed... it's been all over the place.

Very strange indeed. Based on this, I would have to assume it has something to do with PPPoE authentication or their PPPoE database for Afrihost customers is corrupted.

Port elizabeth. Outage from +- 9h30 then came online a few minutes later. Went down during the day for small durations, but working currently at least...

I have 3 "lines" connected to the same Openserve ONT at one of my sites. 3 LAN cables coming out of the ONT into 3 separate WAN routers. Each WAN router dials its own PPPoE connection.

- Line 1has been rock solid with no issues at all. Literally zero. No disconnects. No latency or throughput issues. Nada.
- Line 2 has been completely dead since 17:03. Not even waking up for just a few seconds.
- Line 3 has been on and off multiple times... recording bouts of high latency, zero throughput, normal operation at full speed... it's been all over the place.

Very strange indeed. Based on this, I would have to assume it has something to do with PPPoE authentication or their PPPoE database for Afrihost customers is corrupted.
Similar. One house, 3 fibre lines, all Afrihost. Pretoria East.

First line was offline for about an hour. No Internet, yet the LOS (loss of signal) LED on the ONT remained lit the entire time. It's back up now with no issues.

Second line didn't go down at all.

Third line, connected to mesh WiFi, is flapping as we speak. ONT LEDs all normal. Authentication timeouts according to the router logs. AH RADIUS server(s) perhaps struggling to keep up with auth requests as a large amount of connections are coming back online?

Just went down (Tue May 21 22:59:45 2024), non afrihost account and telkom internet test account (not guest@openserve) were not authenticating. Came up after roughly 15 mins. Cape Town

Mine went off totally about 7:20 last night. The LAN1 light remains off. Pretoria East.

Last edited:
Seems more stable this morning after bad day yesterday. One thing I noticed is I haven't had any Ipv6 since this started, not even this morning. Anyone else?

So if issue is Afrihost + Openserve then will another ISP work on Openserve with same connection?
Missus needs to work from home. Can't afford to be down.

My router shows it has had a stable connection for the last 3 hours.

Did speedtest and all seems to be normal.

Anyone else having problems with afrihost apn / sim card on MTN (not air mobile). Got data in account, got signal but doesn't connect...

Back