Is Afrihost currently down?

Are there any updates on this. Afrihost PPP connections are still disconnecting, on the same line a Webafrica account is working fine. Is there an Afrihost PPP issue?

Response is "we are working on it still".
1716359072800.png

Been on Fibre for more than a decade and this is the longest it has ever been down.

Biggest mistake I made this year was to switch from Mweb/Metrofibre to Afrihost/Openserve!

Never had a single issue with Afrihost until now.
In fact they have been brilliant.
Never had issues with them, moved places end of last year to rent with a friend, I said we are going with Afrihost cause I never had issues.

Yet now I have issues a lot more often, where the line would limit itself to 50mbps for no reason and reboot usually fixes it or connecting to VPN. Random disconnects and now this.

Think it is safe to say my friend will never go with Afrihost.

Hopefully this gets sorted soon, working from home with no internet is painful

Never had issues with them, moved places end of last year to rent with a friend, I said we are going with Afrihost cause I never had issues.

Yet now I have issues a lot more often, where the line would limit itself to 50mbps for no reason and reboot usually fixes it or connecting to VPN. Random disconnects and now this.

Think it is safe to say my friend will never go with Afrihost.

Hopefully this gets sorted soon, working from home with no internet is painful
You should log it with them, sounds like there's more to the issue than this outage

Biggest mistake I made this year was to switch from Mweb/Metrofibre to Afrihost/Openserve!
I never had any issues with MWEB for over 3 years with them ..one day I had downtime and that was cause openserve did maintenance

I switched to afrihost and this is what happens

I don't know what to think about the timing of this outage.

3 years without a single interruption and now within a week of the elections Openserve goes down hard.

I don't know what to think about the timing of this outage.

3 years without a single interruption and now within a week of the elections Openserve goes down hard.
Is this openserve or only afrihost

Mine also went down 5 mins ago.

Doing a PPPoE from my laptop with Axxess works fine so has to be Afrihost not Openserve.

Back