Is AUX air conditioning reliable

Ahmed moosaji

Good day
I would like to know if AUX is a reliable brand as they much cheaper to competitors , is it better pay more for Samsung etc. Or can save some cash and get a cheaper make as they both are for cooling
It is for home use
And is it better to pay extra and get inverter one time
Thanks in advanced

Last edited:

hunter30

I have 3 at my house. all 12000 btu units. Been working for about 8 years, no problems. I do have them services annually, which will consist of, topping up the gas, cleaning the filters, and checking for any leaks. The outdoor unit is "stainless steel". I do not believe this always, as the screw etc have started rusting, but the body is fine.

Ahmed moosaji

I have 3 at my house. all 12000 btu units. Been working for about 8 years, no problems. I do have them services annually, which will consist of, topping up the gas, cleaning the filters, and checking for any leaks. The outdoor unit is "stainless steel". I do not believe this always, as the screw etc have started rusting, but the body is fine.
Thanks

ADRAM3L3CH

+- 15 years and it still runs, I did have to change the temp sensor on the one unit after about 9 years.

calypso

Expert Member
If you want to buy a great aircon you need to go japanese. But they will cost around double the price of the Samsung.

Ahmed moosaji

If you want to buy a great aircon you need to go japanese. But they will cost around double the price of the Samsung.
Ya I know did have daikin in previous house
But I need to do 3 9000btu and 2 18000btu
So you can imagine how much more it will cost

Kevin1409

With regard to Inverter vs Non-inverter AC systems, inverter has been proven to be the most efficient due to the capacity of the compressor being adjusted to suit the load. If you go for a "on/off" aircon (Non-inverter) you will always use full power draw on the compressor regardless of the room temperature. When an Inverters is fitted to the compressor, significant savings are made. Look at it in terms of "the more you use the AC, the bigger the saving". I.e.: Server rooms for example will see the biggest saving as they operate 24/7/365. Just one last thing: Consider applying "Blygold" coating on the ENTIRE outdoor unit to achieve a longer life on condensing units installed near to the coast.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
What a necro.

At least it’s a useful post about inverters aircons.