IS Bloudberg / Milnerton / Parklands / Melkbos / Tview Safe (residential burglaries)?

Are the above areas "safe" or how safe are they? Anyone who lives there or has experience / connections living in the area?

Thinking about relocating due to crime in the South Peninsula sky Rocketing.

I know "safe" is relative, especially in South Africa. But I want to know how safe those areas are as fell in love with the area, and want to live somewhere safer than where I currently stay in the South Peninsula.

Thanks!

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Well, I'm in Table View and haven't had a break-in in 10 years+
Parklands is a lot more dangerous. Blouberg I haven't heard of a lot of break-ins.
This all depends on the specific area you are in (not just suburb but what section of the suburb).

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
Are the above areas "safe" or how safe are they? Anyone who lives there or has experience / connections living in the area?

I know "safe" is relative, especially in South Africa. But I want to know how safe those areas are as fell in love with the area, and want to live somewhere safer than where I currently stay in the South Peninsula.

Thanks!
Paklands is dodgy. The others are much safer. T/V can be dodgy depending on where you stay.

gfmalan

Expert Member

Thanks!
From where are you relocating? I'm staying in Blouberg, is ok (crime wise), stay away from Parklands, certain areas of Table View also bad

gfmalan

Expert Member
Here in the Cape of good times, the suburbs doesn't go from rich, middle class and then poor, here is spots of everything, you can have a top area, and next to you can be a squater camp

EMAM

Honorary Master
Lived on West Beach for 11 years now. We never close our windows or sliding doors even when we asleep or go out at night. Don't have an alarm system or burglar bars and, so far so good!

biometrics

Honorary Master
In eight years in Melkbos I never had trouble but my neighbours had a home invasion and were held up at gunpoint. Moved away three years ago.

Kidkaroo

I've lived in Table View for 20 years without a break-in, and the area has an active neighbourhood watch system.
However, if you check the official crime stats the area has a high incidence of home burglaries.

phoenix99

Expert Member
Nowhere is safe(or unsafe for that matter).

Crime is everywhere and you could have 5 break ins while your neighbour has none. Unfortunately asking this question is pretty pointless

Splinter

Honorary Master
Nowhere is safe(or unsafe for that matter).

Crime is everywhere and you could have 5 break ins while your neighbour has none. Unfortunately asking this question is pretty pointless
Not really. Currently my particular suburb is going through a massive surge of crime. Others, not quite so.

skimread

Executive Member
Lived on West Beach for 11 years now. We never close our windows or sliding doors even when we asleep or go out at night. Don't have an alarm system or burglar bars and, so far so good!
Yet when I drive though West Beach I'm always notice all the security guard company signs plastered everywhere which makes me think crime is a problem there.

PS. I didn't see a divorce thread. :confused:

skimread

Executive Member

Thanks!
I like the Melkbos area but travelwise it is just too far from Cape Town if you drive daily. If you work from home though or don't need to travel daily I would consider it. Especially if you like quiet.
Personally I don't like Blouberg. Find it too crowded and I don't like it's vibe and it has a major traffic problem.
Milnerton the Southern side is dodge. Lots of prozzies standing at night there. Northern side next to Royal Ascott won't be too bad.
Tableview and Parklands I find too dodge and overcrowded with bad traffic.
The best subburb in that area for me is Sunset beach. House prices are just very expensive there.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I like the Melkbos area but travelwise it is just too far from Cape Town if you drive daily. If you work from home though or don't need to travel daily I would consider it. Especially if you like quiet.
Personally I don't like Blouberg. Find it too crowded and I don't like it's vibe and it has a major traffic problem.
Milnerton the Southern side is dodge. Lots of prozzies standing at night there. Northern side next to Royal Ascott won't be too bad.
Tableview and Parklands I find too dodge and overcrowded with bad traffic.
The best subburb in that area for me is Sunset beach. House prices are just very expensive there.
Sunset Beach has a lot of breakins as well: http://www.crimewatchsa.com/category/sunset-beach/
Nowhere is truly safe, sorry to say.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master