Is Covid-19 just a hype?

tRoN

Executive Member
So I’ve been wondering and doing a little research.
How much worse is this virus compared to previous flu seasons?
Last year in my family 3 people had H1N1 and my mum got seriously ill and was in ICU.
We heard of 3 deaths from H1N1 last year in our immediate community yet nothing was publicized in the media.

I found an article published in Italy on the incidence and deaths in previous flu seasons and it showed that from 2013/2014 winter season to 2016/2017 winter there were over 5 million cases of flu reported and 68000 deaths.
Now these were only those tested.
So far the numbers for covid are below that.

I’m sure the stats can be obtained for other countries as well.

Why was there no panic then?

The above are facts and the article is linked below.

The conspiracy theory is the hype was created as a political or economic sabotage by a China who were the first to create the panic.

See article below.

What are your thoughts ?

John Tempus

Expert Member
Its not hype.

We didnt make such a big deal about other coronaviruses due to humans being exposed to them before so we know what we are dealing with.

COVID19 is different because its the first time we see such a strain of the coronavirus ie. humans have never been exposed to this before and on top of that the virus is unique that a big % of people are simply carriers.

The H1 virus were entirely different and easier to contain cause the moment you got it then you fell ill pretty quickly afterwards. There was no long term carrying so isolation of the sick could happen quickly.

The only reason this is turning into a conspiracy is a massive push by the Chinese government to change the story because its pretty clear once this is all under control the world will be making huge changes in how they deal with China from producing more products locally , travel restrictions etc. and the Chinese government is trying to create a scenario that they can point at once this is all under control to remove blame from their criminal negligence.

Last edited:

ponder

Honorary Master
Who are THEY!

ponder

Honorary Master
Are they busy creating a WORLD LEADER. A single ruler over us all. Have they manufactured a virus to control us all and only those they elect will have access to the cure. Countries and governments who do not kneel infront of this world leader will be cut off and left until they can be taken by force. WHO is the WHO really? Look at the investors, hidden behind massive pharmaceutical companies, slowly gaining control over all governments. Now they are testing their powers. Every single country is slowly crumbling. Soon we will know the truth. What is really going on.? WHO ARE THEY?

Did you run out of cigarettes and start smoking rattex or something?

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Are they busy creating a WORLD LEADER. A single ruler over us all. Have they manufactured a virus to control us all and only those they elect will have access to the cure. Countries and governments who do not kneel infront of this world leader will be cut off and left until they can be taken by force. WHO is the WHO really? Look at the investors, hidden behind massive pharmaceutical companies, slowly gaining control over all governments. Now they are testing their powers. Every single country is slowly crumbling. Soon we will know the truth. What is really going on.? WHO ARE THEY?

Lay off the meds dude :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
So I’ve been wondering and doing a little research.
How much worse is this virus compared to previous flu seasons?
Last year in my family 3 people had H1N1 and my mum got seriously ill and was in ICU.
We heard of 3 deaths from H1N1 last year in our immediate community yet nothing was publicized in the media.

I found an article published in Italy on the incidence and deaths in previous flu seasons and it showed that from 2013/2014 winter season to 2016/2017 winter there were over 5 million cases of flu reported and 68000 deaths.
Now these were only those tested.
So far the numbers for covid are below that.

I’m sure the stats can be obtained for other countries as well.

Why was there no panic then?

The above are facts and the article is linked below.

The conspiracy theory is the hype was created as a political or economic sabotage by a China who were the first to create the panic.

See article below.

What are your thoughts ?

Hang on, these things take time, as always TIME will tell. I think if it plays out as you think theres going to be hell to pay one or other way, me would think its not China. Look carefully at the last 30 years. Look at what Prof John Mearsheimer has to say he visited various countries including Australia, nothing about a virus but he has a powerfull explanation of failed liberalism-Interesting at least.

RVQ

Expert Member
I do believe there is unnecessary hype and scaremongering. While it is more serious than the flu requiring the healthy more time to fend off and recover, its fatality rate seems to be linked to those already nearing the edge. The hype is that the virus is serving to expedite the inevitable for many within a smaller time frame than is expected. There is most likely going to be a large drop in the death rate especially related to the flu in many months after the pandemic...

tRoN

Executive Member
Just saying that “they” marketed this “flu” with a name and identity and created websites and news streams to spread hysteria.

So far the numbers of cases and deaths are far below what was experienced before with non marketed viruses.

tRoN

Executive Member
I do believe there is unnecessary hype and scaremongering. While it is more serious than the flu requiring the healthy more time to fend off and recover, its fatality rate seems to be linked to those already nearing the edge. The hype is that the virus is serving to expedite the inevitable for many within a smaller time frame than is expected. There is most likely going to be a large drop in the death rate especially related to the flu in many months after the pandemic...

Well said and excellent video. Agreed...this virus seems to be the better destructive tool than those “created” before like H1 etc

John Tempus

Expert Member
Just saying that “they” marketed this “flu” with a name and identity and created websites and news streams to spread hysteria.

So far the numbers of cases and deaths are far below what was experienced before with non marketed viruses.

Well that is settled then, its all a hoax people. Lets all get infected by the non existing virus.

Yay!

tRoN

Executive Member
Well that is settled then, its all a hoax people. Lets all get infected by the non existing virus.

Yay!

I never said the virus is a hoax but the extent of the disease impact.

It’s a real virus that is well promoted

John Tempus

Expert Member
I never said the virus is a hoax but the extent of the disease impact.

It’s a real virus that is well promoted

So the infection rate is just post-promotion ?

The fact even the crazy Chinese government after much denial locked down over 100million people in multiple cities for multiple weeks ?

Please elaborate who is going to benefit from this "promotion" when it infected and affected the entire world including all the major market leaders ?