Is Covid-19 just a hype?

tetrasect

Way more deaths than before when? I see the graph only shows numbers from 2017-18 for context. There was no Flu epidemic then.

The 275/million Covid deaths in the peak week shown above + the 150 normal deaths adds up to 425/million or 43/100,000. See the graph below for a more severe Flu pandemic in a major city, 120/100,000- Liverpool Jan 13 1951. Funny thing is the UK's economy grew 3.7% in 1951 when this disaster unfolded.
View attachment 826193
Comparison of 1951 epidemic (A/H1N1) with the 1918 and 1957 pandemics (A/H1N1 and A/H2N2, respectively) in Liverpool, England. Time series of weekly death rates from all causes. Epidemics were aligned at the week of peak mortality (peak week = week ended Feb 22, 1919; Jan 13, 1951; Oct 12, 1957). The 1918 pandemic occurred in 3 waves in Liverpool (summer 1918, autumn 1918, winter 1919); the "third wave" was associated with the highest death rate and is represented here.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3294686/

There were 240/100,000 excess winter deaths in the UK in 1951 which equates to 144000 deaths today. So far there were 17000 confirmed Covid-19 deaths in the UK, but probably 25,000 based on excess deaths reported.
View attachment 826197
I don't understand what you are trying to say here... I was saying that even if doctors labelled every death as coronavirus the amount of total all cause deaths would still be higher than in recent years. You are saying I should not be comparing it to normal, I should be comparing it to a flu pandemic. Why?
Are you saying that the figures given for Covid-19 are actually caused by a flu pandemic?

So you are alledging that even with greater funding available to hospitals which show increased covid cases that people are acting honestly ?
While we would all love it if that was the case , human history shows us its not a thing which happens.
Yeah your example would be the same except you claimed fact ,facts have sources .tata.
Yeah it's a fact that doctors don't just willy nilly label everyone a coronavirus victim until proven otherwise, not the other way round. Same as it's a fact that the pope doesn't fly to the moon until proven otherwise.

Last edited:

Jabulani22

Expert Member
I don't understand what you are trying to say here... I was saying that even if doctors labelled every death as coronavirus the amount of total all cause deaths would still be higher than in recent years. You are saying I should not be comparing it normal, I should be comparing it to a flu pandemic. Why?
Are you saying that the figures given for Covid-19 are actually a flu pandemic in disguise?

Yeah it's a fact that doctors don't just willy nilly label everyone a coronavirus victim until proven otherwise, not the other way round. Same as it's a fact that the pope doesn't fly to the moon until proven otherwise.
If its a fact , you wont mind sharing sources then ...........
Go on show us humanity is being completely honest and nobody is cashing in ........
Otherwise this is your source.
1587471479581.png

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
UK data

The provisional number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 10 April 2020 (Week 15) was 18,516; this represents an increase of 2,129 deaths registered compared with the previous week (Week 14), is 7,996 deaths more than the five-year average and is the highest weekly total since Week 1 in 2000.

So that's 2 weeks in a row that "all deaths" are 50% higher than the norm. What's a 50% increase in deaths in a country also known as? Hype

tetrasect

If its a fact , you wont mind sharing sources then ...........
Go on show us humanity is being completely honest and nobody is cashing in ........
View attachment 826215
Show me sources that Adcock Ingram doesn't secretly put cyanide into their Panado tablets.

Go on show us Adcock Ingram is being completely honest and isn't poisoning us ........

YOU must show the source claiming that doctors DO label every death as caused by coronavirus. Get it yet?

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Show me sources that Adcock Ingram doesn't secretly put cyanide into their Panado tablets.

Go on show us Adcock Ingram is being completely honest and isn't poisoning us ........

YOU must show the source claiming that doctors DO label every death as caused by coronavirus. Get it yet?
Well there was that one time where a large company knew about their medicine causing aids , they sent it out anyway.
Your turn sweetheart.

Edit - nice dodge on the medical error too , you can believe the hype but dont go fearmongering .
Edit 2 - yeah they may not put poisons in , my statement was based on human nature taking as much as it usually can , not a bunch of physcopathic behaviour.........get it ?

Verde

Expert Member
I don't understand what you are trying to say here... I was saying that even if doctors labelled every death as coronavirus the amount of total all cause deaths would still be higher than in recent years. You are saying I should not be comparing it to normal, I should be comparing it to a flu pandemic. Why?
Are you saying that the figures given for Covid-19 are actually caused by a flu pandemic?
I am saying that the situation where "the amount of total all cause deaths would still be higher than in recent years" has happened many times before and the magnitude was often greater than the present epidemic related to a virus attacking the lower respiratory system.
The graph you quote is clearly designed to create a false impression about the severity of the current situation compared to past epidemics.

tetrasect

Well there was that one time where a large company knew about their medicine causing aids , they sent it out anyway.
Your turn sweetheart.

Edit - nice dodge on the medical error too , you can believe the hype but dont go fearmongering .
Edit 2 - yeah they may not put poisons in , my statement was based on human nature taking as much as it usually can , not a bunch of physcopathic behaviour.........get it ?
So you can't prove that Adcock Ingram is not putting cyanide in their Panado tablets then...?

No you can't, same way as I can't prove that doctors are not labeling every death as coronavirus.

If you make a claim like that you have to back it up with evidence, not the other way around.

Verde

Expert Member
So all these graphs are very interesting but if every death with covid present is labelled as covid related then we might aswell let toddlers draw them.
There are a few rumors circulating that hospitals are labelling any death as caused by covid , well those hospitals which dont have the even more serious epidemic ..........tiktok videosis.
The all cause deaths per week data that is coming from the worst affected areas clearly shows that the number of deaths related to Covid-19 is higher than the reported hospital deaths.

It is clear that lives are being shortened, it is however debatable how many quality adjusted life years are being lost.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
So you can't prove that Adcock Ingram is not putting cyanide in their Panado tablets then...?

No you can't, same way as I can't prove that doctors are not labeling every death as coronavirus.

If you make a claim like that you have to back it up with evidence, not the other way around.
Comprehension is not your strong point , i said mine is rumor(albiet avery believable one) , you stated your point as fact .
Also i did prove medicine manufacturers do shady things but off you go to buy some more toilet paper or masks or whatever you covid cheerleaders buy.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
The all cause deaths per week data that is coming from the worst affected areas clearly shows that the number of deaths related to Covid-19 is higher than the reported hospital deaths.

It is clear that lives are being shortened, it is however debatable how many quality adjusted life years are being lost.
The principal of aids should be applied , you have aids but it doesnt kill you , the effect of the aids open you up to opportunistic infections and those kill you.
Unless that principal is somehow now flawed.

tetrasect

I am saying that the situation where "the amount of total all cause deaths would still be higher than in recent years" has happened many times before and the magnitude was often greater than the present epidemic related to a virus attacking the lower respiratory system.
The graph you quote is clearly designed to create a false impression about the severity of the current situation compared to past epidemics.
That might be true but we are not talking about past epidemics, we are talking about recent history all cause deaths vs "doctors label everything corona" deaths. It was implied that corona is not really killing many people but they are just shifting all cause deaths to corona deaths to make corona seem like a pandemic. In that case we still wouldn't see a big increase in all case deaths. We were not talking about corona deaths vs past flu pandemic deaths.

And just by the way the 2017-18 was actually the deadliest flu season in recent history.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Do you have a verified source that says it has cyanide in?
You know Apples have cyanide in them, I mean it's a small amount, but it's in them. Well a chemical compound that breaks down into it, but it's there. So do peaches and apricots but you can't accidentally ingest those pips.

DarthCat

Expert Member
You know Apples have cyanide in them, I mean it's a small amount, but it's in them. Well a chemical compound that breaks down into it, but it's there. So do peaches and apricots but you can't accidentally ingest those pips.
What has that to do with panados or dischem paracetamol?