Is Covid-19 just a hype?

Archer

Honorary Master
97% have little to no symptoms doesn't mean that the remaining 3% automagically die. It means that the remaining 3% experience more severe symptoms. I think the latest stats show that only 10-15% of that 3% will need hospitalisation.

PS, the lockdown and global panic is all based in hypothetical land anyway, isn't it? I mean just in SA, we ****ed the economy righteously in it's arse, and let the sandf and saps murder at will, and so on and so forth for 54 deaths? All because we have to flatten some curve that is projected on hypothetical information, that the current infections of just over 2000 does not bare out, right?
You completely missed the point

Lupus

Honorary Master
What has that to do with panados or dischem paracetamol?
Just the randomness of paracetamol having cyanide in it, if it does it's probably a safe amount, but it won't have it.
There was a case many years ago about someone who put cyanide in paracetamol bottles, that's why the new lids were introduced, the tamper proof ones.

tetrasect

Comprehension is not your strong point , i said mine is rumor(albiet avery believable one) , you stated your point as fact .
Also i did prove medicine manufacturers do shady things but off you go to buy some more toilet paper or masks or whatever you covid cheerleaders buy.
Yeah, I asked you to prove the crazy idea that panado contains cyanide wrong but instead you went and out and found information that gave it merit. And I literally just made that up! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Seems like you would rather side with fantasy than reality.

Do you have a verified source that says it has cyanide in?
No but @Jabulani22 is looking into it... Stay tuned. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

DarthCat

Expert Member
Just the randomness of paracetamol having cyanide in it, if it does it's probably a safe amount, but it won't have it.
There was a case many years ago about someone who put cyanide in paracetamol bottles, that's why the new lids were introduced, the tamper proof ones.
O ok

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Ya, this factual reason based koolaid sure is good. Much better than the emotion based stuff
Facts:
Currently Infected
Mild Condition
(97%)
Serious or Critical
(3%)
Cases with Outcome
Recovered/Discharged
(79%)
Deaths
(21%)

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Yeah, I asked you to prove the crazy idea that panado contains cyanide wrong but instead you went and out and found information that gave it merit. And I literally just made that up! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Seems like you would rather side with fantasy than reality.

No but @Jabulani22 is looking into it... Stay tuned. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
While i cant prove things made up in your head , it is reasonable to assume greedy hospitals/etc may be tempted into calling more deaths covid related in order to get additional funding.
Again your comprehension is lacking, you asked me to prove something you made up , i proved the medical industry is not all saints like you believe.
But anyway harp on about your cyanide panado ,atleast it keeps you from fear mongering covid.
FYI i see you still dodged the deaths due to medical error being more deadly than covid , i understand its hard when your hyped up virus is less deadly than the medical "professionals" you give your life to.

Archer

Honorary Master
Facts:
Currently Infected
Mild Condition
(97%)
Serious or Critical
(3%)

Cases with Outcome
Recovered/Discharged
(79%)
Deaths
(21%)
You're still missing the point. No one variable can be looked at in isolation. 100% death rate sounds super bad, but oh woops look infection rate of 0%. That disease would be a total non event right? What you're doing is the other extreme, only looking at low death rates.

Even worse, low death rates with all sorts of preventative measures thrown into the mix

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
just to show how bad the models were at predicting almost anything.

1587478427246.png

The redline is the reality.

That should tell us to be skeptical of any model that predicts whether or not a lock-down or whatever measure actually works.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
You're still missing the point. No one variable can be looked at in isolation. 100% death rate sounds super bad, but oh woops look infection rate of 0%. That disease would be a total non event right? What you're doing is the other extreme, only looking at low death rates.

Even worse, low death rates with all sorts of preventative measures thrown into the mix
I am? I'm looking at the FACT that 97% have mild to no symptoms. I'm not looking at any death rate. But now that you mention it, over and above the facts I posted now, there are numerous studies being done (posted here) that show that the overall case fatality rate is sharply declining. Facts. Not emotions. Not hypothetical projections of what if's in the future.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
just to show how bad the models were at predicting almost anything.

View attachment 826311

The redline is the reality.

That should tell us to be skeptical of any model that predicts whether or not a lock-down or whatever measure actually works.
A translation would be nice please. The results from Marseille?

But, but, the doctor involved there has already been shown to be the publisher of fake news :unsure:

Did you miss the memo? o_O

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
A translation would be nice please. The results from Marseille?

But, but, the doctor involved there has already been shown to be the publisher of fake news

Yes the results from Marseilles.

"Divination does not only flourish in Paris. In Marseille too we have our soothsayers. Here are their (authentic) predictions over time as to the number of patients hospitalized in intensive care at the AP-HM "

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
But, but, the doctor involved there has already been shown to be the publisher of fake news
I dunno what to make of that. It's common knowledge that our ANC led government has consistently lied and stolen and applied double standards to us, yet on this faux pandemic, we trust them implicitly?

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
Raoult is rubbing the salt into people's wounds at the moment. His success is an embarrassment for Macron's "scientific council"

1587479075423.png

The famous, No study is possible on the battlefield phrase (I am looking for a proper English translation).