Is dellonlinestore.co.za legit?

Edwe

Expert Member
Has anyone bought from www.dellonlinestore.co.za or know of anyone who has? Is this a legitimate store?

Specifically, I am looking at this offer, which seems to me like a great deal: http://www.dellonlinestore.co.za/showProduct.aspx?SEName=inspiron-15-3543-i5&ProductID=123

As far as I can tell, this price includes VAT and delivery. The website seems super-legit, with company registration details, physical address etc. Am I just being suspicious?

Also, any comments on the laptop and alternatives in that price class?

Looks pretty legit, but that's as much as I can say... Have not heard of or used them before.

The site looks like it is Dell that owns it, and not a 3rd party reseller/agent.

Update: Check out the whois info for their domain name. Seems to be hosted with Rackspace, but domain is registered to a local company - Digital Planet.

This makes me somewhat suspicious. I also could not find physical address details on the website itself.

Last edited:
Looks pretty legit, but that's as much as I can say... Have not heard of or used them before.

The site looks like it is Dell that owns it, and not a 3rd party reseller/agent.

Update: Check out the whois info for their domain name. Seems to be hosted with Rackspace, but domain is registered to a local company - Digital Planet.

This makes me somewhat suspicious. I also could not find physical address details on the website itself.

Digital Planet - they do HP shop as well, so this would've made me more secure about the purchase. Nothing wrong with them. If OP runs into any issues with DP, send me PM - I'll hook you up with someone there to moan to.

Digital Planet - they do HP shop as well, so this would've made me more secure about the purchase. Nothing wrong with them. If OP runs into any issues with DP, send me PM - I'll hook you up with someone there to moan to.
I use the the HP shop often so if this is the same crowd there shouldn't be a problem.

Reviving a rather old thread as I too am looking at a machine on thier site and want to part with my cash

What is the general consensus.
  1. Trust worthy or not?

Reviving a rather old thread as I too am looking at a machine on thier site and want to part with my cash

1. Trust worthy or not?
https://www.dell.com/en-za/lp
Then click on Dell Store it takes you directly to dellonline.co.za
Dell.com having an official link to dellonline.co.za

I would say that gives it some credibility that it's probably legit.

1. Trust worthy or not?
Rather contact @Flashgear www.nucleustech.co.za

All these domains and online stores are owned and operated by First Technology Group by the way.

dellonline.co.za
hponline.co.za
lenovo-online.co.za
Lol i just came here to say this and necro the thread but you did already :)

First is representing Dell's retail store online here. and its legit, and works fine :)

All these domains and online stores are owned and operated by First Technology Group by the way.

dellonline.co.za
hponline.co.za
lenovo-online.co.za
This. I bought a Dell Active Pen from them 2 months back. It's legit. And service and pricing seems good.

Bought a Dell Laptop from dellonline.co.za a couple of weeks ago. Arrived safe and sound within a couple of days, nothing unexpected.

Back