Is Home Connect legit?

doodlesZHS

Just out of interest,what are your experiences with them,I am switching isps to Home Connect with octotel but I've waited about 10 working days so far however I should of phoned and checked more often as the person I spoke to sounded new and clueless the first time I phoned and perhaps communicated to octotel that I'm a new installation for fiber as well?

I was considering cool ideas as they are similarly priced for 30/30.

Should I rather cancel and go for cool ideas?

op365

Having the same experience with SADV... If not installed by COB tomorrow I am canceling...

doodlesZHS

Having the same experience with SADV... If not installed by COB tomorrow I am canceling...
Seems one has to really call them to death daily to remind them to do their job otherwise you stuck in shitecreek!

SureThing

They have provided good service thus far. Like all SP's the service level increases with the better or more expensive package you choose.

TStringList

Used them for a couple of years.

They are fine apart from the occasional maintenance issues.

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
They have provided good service thus far. Like all SP's the service level increases with the better or more expensive package you choose.

What? Were do you get that from? Service has been the same for me, I've been on packages ranging from 10mb and now on 100mb and no issues.

GhostSixFour

I got it from.my own experience..
Comprendo.

So you've used multiple packages then from every service provider - and you've required support on each package from each provider? Seeing as how that is what your statement implies.

SureThing

So you've used multiple packages then from every service provider - and you've required support on each package from each provider? Seeing as how that is what your statement implies.
Like I implied, I started out with lower packages and moved up to more expensive packages and that was my experience. The end.

GhostSixFour

Like I implied, I started out with lower packages and moved up to more expensive packages and that was my experience. The end.

Nope...

Like all SP's the service level increases....

Thus, saying that all of the SP's improve their service on higher packages. The only way that you could possibly make a statement like that, is if you've been on various packages with every provider available.

joshuatree

Expert Member
This is for somebody else, looking at Vumatel ISPs to connect to with minimal initial costs.

It seems Home Connect isn't charging a connection fee, not sure about installation fee, but also not sure yet if a fibre ONT has been installed previously at the premises.

Can Home Connect be recommended as an option at the moment?

Myself was with RocketNet, without any complaints.

Diesel44

This is for somebody else, looking at Vumatel ISPs to connect to with minimal initial costs.

It seems Home Connect isn't charging a connection fee, not sure about installation fee, but also not sure yet if a fibre ONT has been installed previously at the premises.

I am currently a H-C on Vumatel.

I am having constant problems with their support and their accounting department.

Also decided to leave them. I just cannot take this anymore.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master

Well, Afrihost doesn't charge a connection fee either. Just sayin'...

rvZA

Executive Member
Just out of interest,what are your experiences with them,I am switching isps to Home Connect with octotel but I've waited about 10 working days so far however I should of phoned and checked more often as the person I spoke to sounded new and clueless the first time I phoned and perhaps communicated to octotel that I'm a new installation for fiber as well?

I was considering cool ideas as they are similarly priced for 30/30.

Should I rather cancel and go for cool ideas?

I have been with them and Evotel for about 2 years now. Great service from HC.

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep

Happy to answer questions related to RocketNet.

Charlesjjm

SADV has to be the worst ISP I've had to deal with in my life. Unfortunately, they were granted exclusive rights in Melrose Arch. It took 8 months to get fibre installed, from the day I signed up. At the office, I'll be rid of them at the end of this month.

SHANRSA

Home-Connect on Vumatel 200/200, been fine with the occasional Vumatel issue.